“We need to speak Miss Granger.” She stops suddenly and it dawns on her. “I want the memories from the night of Nagini’s attack so I can decide some things for my self.” She nods solemly and sits down to make the intrusion easier.

“Legilimens”

Hermione POV

“Legilimens”

The first scene is of his death I watch him as he watches me save him. A blush creeps upon my face as I watch myself straddle him and administer the treatments.

After the memory he was searching for he doesn’t stop.

Damn, why did I never bother to pick up Occlumency!?

This is what happened after she saved him and waited out the battle.

Yaxley stalks through the wards with ease and sees Snape.

“Well, look what we have here? Miss goody goody taking care of the biggest snake of them all.”

I throw my body in front of Snape's and guard him. He doesn’t realize Snape is recovering or that his master killed Snape.

“What do you want?”

He tilts his head to the side as he raises his wand.

“A happy ending... Crucio!” He shouts as he watches me writhe on the floor boards of the shack. I am in so much pain. I move and contort into so many positions and feel a sharp pain in my stomach that becomes an ache. Its been an hour or so and I wait it out biting through my lip as I try to keep from screaming and hope that Snape doesn’t waken so he won't be hurt... more.

Yaxley stops and takes the time to caress her before he shoots a curse at her stomach causing her to bleed profusely from the wound. I scream once.

Yaxley rips my shirt open and fondles me as I am stuck on the floor on moving from the pain that racks my body in after shock. He uses his wand and slashes from shoulder to shoulder. I scream louder with more agony and Snape groggily lifts his head... Yaxley turns to him and I can't let him be hurt. I make a choice.

“Avada kadavra.” I say and Yaxley drops.

I use the left over phoenix tears and heal any topical injury.

“Obliviate.” Once more. I rest near Snape who is once more unconscious and oblicious to anything happening around him now. I curl into his warmth and cry.

Ron finds out.

“Hermione I can't marry you. You can't even make babies. All because of protecting that stupid git! You gave up a future!” He says angrily.

“Ron I didn’t know! I didn’t know that would happen, I didn’t know that’s what the curses would lead to... I didn’t ask to be attacked, its not Snape’s fault! Please Ron!” I say sobbing. He cuts in.

“Hermione! You spend all of your time at St. Mungos nursing that git back to health and then making sure he doesn’t remember you doing it! You are crazy! What is the point of it all!?” Ron says as he stalks towards me and lift me up.

“I just want him to have a chance Ron... one he never got!” I say.

“What about our chance! You haven't even slept with me! You won't sleep with me!” He says angrier.