Chapter 13- Hospital Tendencies

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Oh you should have seen him Dunya, he was tall, muscular, had a Spanish accent and was a total babe," Teta gushed.

"Teta, you sure you're talking about a nurse?" I asked disbelievingly.

"Oh yes, and his name was Antonio," she swooned. I couldn't help laughing at her attraction to the nurse. Just then, the room curtains opened up and in came Adam with a bouquet of flowers. He came in slowly and set the bouquet of flowers to my side as he came in and hugged me. I took a look at the variety of flowers and noticed some tulips, daisies, and orchids just blooming with color and life. Poor things, considering they'd die any day now.

"Thanks Adam, they're beautiful," I praised, taking in a long whiff of all the floral scents embodied into the tiny bouquet. 

"No problem," he shrugged, brushing it off, looking seemingly embarrassed to be caught showing any sign of affection. Psh, boys. "So, um, how are you feeling?" he asked concerned about my well-being.

"Adam, I'm fine," I assured him and he just nodded.

"You sure? Any signs of fatigue, rashes, dizziness?" he started but I just waved him off.

"Honestly, I'm perfectly fine, stop worrying," I urged him and he looked convinced enough.

"Okay, well," he started rubbing the nape of his neck. "Um, you see, Sumaya planned this thing later and she really wanted me to go but I can definitely cancel it if you want me to stay here and, you know."

"Adam, you can go," I told him.

"You sure, because I don't mind-"

"Adam, just go. It's not like I'm on life support here, plus we're just here doing nothing," I encouraged.

"Uh, okay, I'll be back later on this evening," he promised and headed out the door.

My mom and Teta decided to go take a walk and get out a little bit, get some fresh air. So Mama called Casey and told her that I was awake and ready to see her. Feeling chilly, I put a cardigan over my hospital gown, and lay down relaxed. I was excited to see her, but then my head started feeling droopy again from all the IV and my eyelids were fluttering trying hard to remain awake. Then in a blink, I was out like a lightbulb.

When I woke up the second time, my eyes remained shut. I chose to keep it that way, until I heard voices. "She looks so peaceful sleeping there that," I heard Casey say. "Yeah, like Sleeping Beauty," a husky male voice said. It was Cameron. My heart began to speed up just at the sound of his voice.

I opened my left eye staring at them then slowly opened the right. Casey screamed in delight and came to give me a quick hug. "You're awake! Finally, we've been sitting here for like an hour waiting for you to wake up," she said enthusiastically. "And do you know how hard it is to stay sane with this guy?" she said pointing to Cameron.

"Hey, speak for yourself," Cameron retorted. "You should've heard yourself obsessing over that male nurse."

"What's wrong with being a male nurse?" Casey defended.

"Nothing, but the fact that he has to tell people he's a nurse. Like, come on, what guy has the nerves to be a nurse. The mockery he must get," he shook his head in sympathy.

"You know what? At least he has the nerves. That just shows how manly he is," Casey exclaimed. "It's not like you're going to do anything better, anyways."

"You want to bet? Cause in the fall I'm going into mechanical engineering for your information," he retorted. Huh, I never thought he'd go into engineering. But I guess he's good at that considering how fully equipped he is with gadgets and building things. He'd be a great mechanical designer.