3 | Week One | Eliminations

THREE HOURS BEFORE THE CEREMONY OF RINGS, SOMEONE KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR

THREE HOURS BEFORE THE CEREMONY OF RINGS, SOMEONE KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR. Michaela opened the door and was bombarded by six women. Once I saw Evette and Brianna, I gasped and realized that these women were our stylists.

"Hello ladies!" Evette said, "We are here to get you ready for the ceremony tonight."

The six women made quick work of transforming our room into a beauty station. Castina and Ravenna, Nina's stylists, immediately claimed a corner of the room and got out makeup, hairstyling equipment, and outfits. Helena and Patricia did the same thing with Michaela.

None of the groups of women seemed to friendly towards each other, and Evette kindly explained to me that, "They were all used to working for the cut throat competitors. They were usually forbid to speak or help the 'enemy' by whoever they were helping."

I decided to change that. We had all become friends in the short time that we were here, and we had all helped each other out in various ways.

As Evette and Brianna were setting up their own station, I got up and put some music on. Then, I started a carafe of coffee and put the tea pot on the burner. I grabbed some of our left over brownies and put them on a plate.

"Nina and Michaela, your usual?" They both nodded, so I poured Michaela her usual black tea and brownie, and I poured Nina's coffee and a cheese pastry. Then, I turned to Evette, Brianna, Castina, Ravenna, Helena, and Patricia. "What would you ladies like?" I couldn't help but smile at the looks of surprise on the women's faces when I offered them something, nor did I miss the proud look on Evette's face. I quickly delivered everyone's orders and then sat down.

"Lily," Nina said, from one side of the room, "are you nervous for tonight?"

I shrugged. "I mean, I'm not really expecting to stay, especially since I pushed the man of the hour into the pool. . ." A loud crash resounded, and we looked over to the Ravenna and the now shattered make up palate. Later, we learned that she was so surprised by the fact that I had thrown Sebastian into the pool that she dropped the makeup palate.

"Oh!" Ravenna gasped, looking down at the now ruined makeup palate in dismay, "I am so sorry, Miss Shanina. Now your makeup is ruined!"

Nina patted her hand. "It's alright Ravenna, truly. And what did I tell you about calling me 'Miss Shanina'?"
Ravenna blushed and said, "sorry...Nina."

Nina chuckled. "It's quite alright. Now, lets get this mess cleaned up." She hopped down from her seat, carefully avoiding the pile of crushed powder, and went into the other room. She came back with a broom. Michaela was already waiting with some wet paper towels to wipe up whatever the broom missed. In a few minutes, everything was back to normal.

"Now what am I going to do about your makeup? That was the only palate I brought!" Ravenna wailed. "I had your look all planned out, so I didn't bring my other palates!"