"She doesn't sound like a nice person," Newt admitted.

"Unfortunately, she's the only one who can help."

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with her because of me. I—"

Many things seemed to happen at the same time so that it was difficult, for a moment, to comprehend them all. A man ran down the corridor past Newt and Farida and almost sent the latter to collide with the floor; Nabila shouted in an indescribable voice, a jet of red light erupting from her right hand and hitting the man's back; a rope extended from her other hand to catch Farida preventing her fall; and a loud thud echoed as the man's rigid body hit the ground.

A male Auror came into view, panting and pale with something akin to fear.

"Shokran," he said wearily to Nabila, then moved towards the man and knelt beside him. He held the man's hand and next moment a pair of metal cuffs appeared around his wrist.

Nabila shook her head in clear frustration. She turned from her fellow Auror to Farida, drawing back the rope that surrounded her waist. It seemed to slither into her sleeve like a serpent before disappearing completely in there. Newt couldn't help but admire the great skill she had just showed; she was definitely good at her job. Farida thanked her quietly and then they continued to walk.

Nabila stopped them when they reached a door at the end of the corridor. She pushed it open, and welcomed them into her office. It was neat and organized, with a large desk in its middle, and wooden shelves on the walls. Upon those shelves, several trophies of variable size and material were placed in no particular order, all shining and well-polished. Newt was momentarily reminded of his brother Theseus's office at the ministry; he too liked to show off.

"Please take a seat," said Nabila with a smile from behind her desk. When Farida and Newt sat down, she added, "How can I help you?"

"We need information about someone," Farida said.

"And who might that be, Didi?" Nabila asked in the manner of someone addressing a toddler. "You didn't get yourself in any trouble, I hope?"

Newt did not like her condescending tone. He saw Farida clench her fists, but other than that, her expression remained somewhat mild.

"Rest assured, if I'm in trouble, you'll be the last one I head to," said Farida calmly. "And the person we want to know information about is a man called Makram Ibrahim. Heard of him?"

"No, Didi, who's that?"

"Would you please stop calling her that?" Newt said, a little too sharply than he had intended. "She clearly doesn't like it."

"Oh." Nabila turned to Newt as though she had forgotten about his presence. A small smirk spread across her lips. "Protective, aren't we? But I don't think she needs that, Mr Scamander. If she doesn't like the nickname I have called her for ages, then she can say so herself. She doesn't need you to speak up for her."

"Well, I don't like it," Farida replied in a firm voice. "And Newt can speak up for me however he likes."

Nabila's smirk only became wider. "I don't think this is the best way to talk to someone whose help you need, Farida."

"Who said we need your help?" said Farida. "This information will help you, not us."

"Help me?"