Chapter Sixteen

AN: Hey everyone!

First of all, I'm really sorry that it took so long for me to upload this last chapter. I had a terrible and long case of a writer's block, hence the late posting.

Second of all, I really want to thank every single one of you for your support by adding this story to your reading list, voting for it or commenting on it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

And third I solemnly apologise for all the possible feels in this chapter :p and hope you'll forgive me for it! :D

Anyway, have a nice read! ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter sixteen

“Draco! Look out!”

As he turned around, Hermione was just in time to backfire the spell of her boyfriend's attacker. When the Death Eater rolled down the outside stairs, Draco smiled at her,saying, “Thanks for that!”

 She gave him a smile of her own, “Any time!” Then she moved on to fight off their other attackers.

The battle had only been going on for a few hours, but for all the people in the midst of it, it seemed to be longer.

As she fired spell after spell, back-to-back with Draco, she caught some flashes of the students and professors fighting around her.

Neville and Luna were using the same back-to-back strategy as her and Draco and were casting spell after spell at the Death Eaters surrounding them. Two out of three were down already and she was sure it wouldn't be long until the third one would fall down unconscious as well.

Hermione shifted her vision and could see that Ron, Harry, Seamus and Dean were casting the Patronus Charm in order to ward off a group of Dementors. She could just see the Jack Russell Terrier, stag, fox and moose chasing after the horrible cloaked creatures before she heard someone yelling, “Stupefy!”

In a matter of seconds a Death Eater fell down next to her and Draco, followed by Fred, George, Katie and Angelina running past them while chasing down another one.

More and more shouting, screaming and running sounds filled up the viaduct courtyard, occasionally replaced by the loud 'thud' of bodies falling on the cold stones.

Then the ground started to shake and as Hermione looked up, she could see some new attackers from the enemy lines joining the battle.

She could feel the slightest tremble go through her body and Draco's as twenty- foot giants stomped in the courtyard, destroying anything with their clubs.

Fifteen people immediately gathered around each giant's feet, trying to bring it down to the ground by shooting strong cords out of their wands. Some of them even cast fire spells, trying to wound them.

 One giant swung his club and ten people fell down with an enormous blow.

 Suddenly the entire courtyard caught fire and they were surrounded with flames. Hermione could feel the heat of them on her skin, becoming warmer and warmer as they spread to where Draco and herself were fighting.

 “GET INSIDE! Take cover! TAKE COVER!” Professor McGonagall's voice sounded loud over the entire courtyard and they did as they were bidden. Hermione and Draco ran inside stupefying two more Death Eaters on their way.