Chapter Three

Chapter three

Sunrise had come and it filled the sky with the exuberant colours of orange and red.

Curtains were being pulled away from the windows and somewhere a rooster announced the brand new day. But something in the air promised that this day would be just as hot and burning as the previous one.

A beam of the rising sun lit the living room and gave Hermione’s brown curly hair a more auburn colour.

She was still sitting in front of the window, staring through it, when all of a sudden three knocks sounded from the front door. Hermione was only slightly aware that she had heard the sounds, she was too lost in her own thoughts.

Then, with a loud KRACK, Harry, Ron and Ginny apparated right next to her. With a small scream Hermione snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the three of them.

‘What are you doing! Imagine what trouble we would be in if any of the neighbours saw you! You better tell me they didn’t see you…’

Ron and Harry rolled their eyes at one another.

‘Of course they didn’t see us… we were very careful.’ Ron said.

Hermione let out a sigh of relief when Harry went to sit next to her on the couch.

‘So, are you ready?’ He asked.

 Hermione was completely blown away by his question and frowned at him, ‘Ready?’

 ‘Yes, have you packed everything you need?’

 She kept looking at him, question written all over her face.

 ‘Hermione, don’t tell me that you forgot?’ Ron said.

 ‘What am I suppose to remember?’

 ‘We are here to take you to the Burrow, we agreed that you stayed with us during the summer? Don’t you remember it at all?’

 Apprehension started to appear in her eyes.

Right! Now she vaguely remembered it. She must have agreed upon it during her zombie days after Draco’s depart. That’s why it must have slipped her mind.

 ‘Hermione! How could you forget about spending time with your friends during the holidays?’ Harry said dramatically.

‘I don’t know, I guess it must have slipped my mind…’ She swallowed and cast another look through the window.

Ron opened his mouth to say something, but immediately shut it at Ginny’s warning glance. His sister knelt down next to Hermione and said, ‘How long have you been sitting here?’

 Her friend didn’t look her in the eyes, ‘A while…’

‘How long is a while exactly?’

‘Five hours, give or take.’

Then she looked at her other friends, ‘ I’m sorry, but would you two mind waiting a little bit longer? Then I’ll go upstairs to change and pack.’

‘Oh no, we don’t mind. We’ve got plenty of time…’ Ron stretched out and let himself fall on one of the other sofas.

 When Hermione stood up Ginny followed with an,‘ I’ll help you pack.’

She smiled at her, ‘Thank you.’

When they were in her bedroom Hermione hastily pulled a suitcase out of her closet and placed it on the bed. She decided to change first and after grabbing a white summer dress and some ballerina shoes, she went in her closet space.