Feeling Normal

Go Ha-Jin was a pharmacist who worked at the hospital organizing medication for patients. Don't get her wrong she loves her jobs, but she always knew she had a passion for cosmetics. She loved to play with the colours and make cosmetic that was perfect for her skin and also for her friends. Sometimes on her days off she would volunteer at the hospital and help patients who suffer because they don't look beautiful. She was always a happy girl, but she could feel it in her heart that something was going to change.

One day the dam broke. That was the day the world was upside down and she couldn't find her bearing. She didn't know which way to turn or what had happened. All she knew was that she was running away from the debt collectors. The very ones that her so-called boyfriend who is now her ex told them that Ha Jin had the money to pay back. In actual case, she did have the money but she refused to pay for her ex-boyfriend's mess that he created.

On this particular day, Ha Jin decided to go to a favourite place of hers she knew that would hide her for a while. All she had with her was a small suitcase with the essentials, money and her books with her ideas. She planned to catch a flight out of Korea and maybe visit her aunt in Singapore. 

Her favourite place was going to the dam place where it was always so peaceful and there were cottages near for her to stay. This was also on the route to the airport. 

Standing on the pedestrian bridge and overlooking the dam makes her feel on top of the world. This was always where she thought a lot about anything and everything. Ha Jin didn't pay attention to the sky as she was deep in her thoughts and didn't see the sky darkening or an eclipse happening. She also didn't hear the bridge she was on cracking and breaking.

All she felt was that she was falling and she was facing the sky and at that moment the eclipse began and she closed her eyes. She felt that she was going to die but at least she tried her best in life. She wondered if her ex-boyfriend would come to her funeral.

In another universe, a young person with blood splattered on himself was riding a horse hell-bent on killing people. At that time, he saw the eclipse happen all he wished was for love and not hatred.

End of chapter 1.