DARRY- Baby fever... or not

For the Curtis brothers, this wasn't easy, this wasn't fun, and this definitely wasn't how they wanted to be spending their Monday. So when you called expecting to talk to Darry and got a tired, word slurring Ponyboy you were already concerned. He should be in school by now.

"Everything okay Pony?" you asked.

"Mm, not really no. You remember Darry's friend dropped his baby off for the day... yesterday. Well, she was supposed to be picked up by now, but it's going to be another day until that happens," He explained.

"Ah," You laughed, "Did she keep you boys up all night with her crying?"

"Yeah," Pony softly laughed.

"I tell you what, I'll come over and help so you can go to school and get some sleep tonight."

Pony thanked you before Darry had called him away from the phone and he had to hang up.

You didn't have much experience with a girl baby, but you had enough with boys. Surely this couldn't be much different.

Once you got to the Curtis house you just let yourself. Darry's tired eyes lit up once he saw you. Soda was laying across the couch with his head on Darry's leg, fast asleep. In Darry's arms was Beatrice, the baby, she was asleep just like soda.

You leaned over her and gave Darry a gentle kiss on the temple. He whispered "hello" to you before shaking Soda awake and making him move over so you could sit down. Soda didn't move far and once you sat down he just laid his head on your legs and fell back asleep.

Pony was sitting at the kitchen table, he was half asleep, reading. He really needed to be at school, but at this rate, he wouldn't be there for even half a class. There really wasn't much point of him going, so Darry just made him stay home.

"She's so cute Dare," you whispered staring down at her peaceful face.

He looked at you and smiled lightly as he watched your amazed expression. "She really is something huh?"

You held your arms out, reaching for her. "let me take her. You're tired and need some sleep."

"No no, I'm okay. I've run on less sleep than this before," he argued.

"Okay well you're not going to today, go grab a blanket for Soda too, he's shivering."

Darry didn't try to disagree with you much longer. Carefully, he handed the baby to you and you cradled her in your arms then left to get soda blanket from his room. She fussed a little bit and Soda shot straight up, an alarmed look etched on his face.

"No, it's okay Soda lay back down," you said placing a hand on his shoulder and squeezing it.

He laid back down and cuddled up with your leg. It was awkward, but he was already asleep and you didn't want to wake him up again. Once Darry got back, he tossed the blanket over Soda and sat back down next to you.

After he laid his head on your shoulder it didn't take him more than two minutes to fall asleep. You could hear his light snoring, it made you smile every time you did. When you kissed the top of his head and he smiled in his sleep. He was just too darn cute.

Pony came stumbling over with a black marker in his hand. He took the cap off and gave you a smirk. Squatting down infront of Soda's face he started his masterpiece.

"Pony, he's gonna kill you!" you whisper yelled.

"I know."

Then, he moved onto Darry.

*

"Pony get her to be quiet!" Soda exclaimed while bouncing Beatrice up and down on his knee.

"me!?" Pony asked alarmed.