jeongin retreated from the worn-out girl. before eventually removing her hands from her face, her gentle fingertips stroked across her eyes once more. rosey's eyes were a pale pink due to friction from her fingertips, but in his mind, she still looked adorable.

as he shifted his hands from her shoulders to her waist, a little grin appeared on his face. her gaze was followed by his as he observed her glancing back and forth at the wooden floor.

jeongin said, "look at me."

the soft-spoken boy was in rosey's gaze as she gave him a sad smile.

"you have to tell me if and when these things annoy you," he continued to hold her waist with one hand while stroking her cheek with the other.

jeongin's hand was pulled away from her face when rosey's hand rose up and encircled his wrist.

"i understand, but i don't want to disturb you."

"you aren't bothering me, i'm your boyfriend," jeongin scoffed with a tiny laugh.

rosey at last grinned at the boy. she understood that he was attempting to bring her happiness and she gratefully accepted it. jeongin returned the smile and leaned in to kiss his girlfriend on her pale pink cheek. as she reached for her cup of water and turned away from him, he withdrew his hands from her body.

jeongin left the kitchen and entered the living room as rosey made her way to the kitchen sink. he stopped a short distance from the doorway and looked around the room. he eyes drew to the left and noticed seungmin come out of his room and they locked eyes.

seungmin was silent but knew exactly what time it was. jeongin raised his eyebrows for a brief moment before turning to face the boy and pointing to the kitchen. he did this to let seungmin know that the girl he needed to speak to was in the room across from him.

seungmin nodded. as jeongin entered his own bedroom and shut the door behind him to leave the two alone, he started to move in the direction of the kitchen.

seungmin's head peeked around the kitchen doorway. he observed the curly-haired girl sipping from her drink, which he assumed to be water. he raised his hand, balled it up, and left two soft knocks on the wall he was leaning against.

this immediately caught rosey's attention. she turned her body to face the noise as the cup she was holding gently landed on the hardtop counter. she glanced over at seungmin, smiled quietly, and then sighed.

the boy stood up straight from the slouched position he was in and went into the kitchen. he chose to lean against the back of one of the wooden chairs rather than sit in the open seat at the table.

he let out a sigh, the awkward tension was eating him alive, "rosey, i'm really sorry about what i said."

rosey affirmed, "it's alright."

he shook his head, "i know it's not," and then lifted his hand to scratch the back of his untidy head, "i should have never said that."

"i forgive you."

"i didn't mean it with any bad intention," continued seungmin, "words just came out in the moment as i was talking to hyunjin."

rosey's face lit up with a slight smirk as the boy's words continued to spill out of his mouth quickly. she walked up to the boy, but it seemed like he wasn't paying attention because he kept talking.

her hand came up to rest on the boy's shoulder and it appeared as though this was the only way to get the boy to halt. he paused and took a moment to think and finally turned his head to face rosey.

she rubbed her thumb against the boy's wrinkled shirt and said, "i forgive you, seungmin. i understand you didn't mean to hurt me. i promise, it's okay."

seungmin nodded slowly, not knowing what to say after once more letting his emotions run free in the heat of the moment.

seungmin questioned, "are you sure, i can make it up to you?"

rosey let go of the boy's shoulder and tucked some of her pulled-back hair that was hanging loosely behind her ear. she chuckled and gave a head shake.

"you don't need to make it up to me; everything will be fine!"

it appeared as though he had completely ignored what she had to say. his only though was how he could make it up to the girl whose feelings he had hurt.

seungmin stood tall and reached for his phone that he had earlier shoved in his pocket, "i'm ordering food from that one place you told me about yesterday, when was it? after practice? what would you want?"

"no, don't order anything!" she shook her hands frantically, "honestly, no big deal!"

for the millionth time, he shook his head and said, "i'm on the website now!"

seungmin hurried out of the room and started to knock on the bedroom door that jeongin was behind, eager to ask the youngest what he wanted from the fast food joint.

rosey sighed heavily and her hands rushed to her head, however she was grateful for seungmin's apology and willingness to make things right.