Prolouge

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters besides Elizabeth and Rosella. All Harry Potter stuff belongs to J.K. Rowling. 

Sirius P.O.V.

Grief, that was all that filled my body as I held Elizabeth's unconscious body close to me. I cried over her as she laid still in my arms. Her dull colored strawberry blonde hair, that once had been so vibrant, framed her face like a halo. Her skin was sickly pale, much whiter than the usual fair color it was. The freckles that covered her nose and cheeks seemed to be the only thing that stayed the same about her. I caressed her face, whipping away the fresh tears that had leaked down onto her from my eyes. James Potter, Remus Lupin, Felicity Sparks, Lily Evans, and Peter Pettigrew surrounded me, all wearing frightened and sorrowful expressions as they looked down at Elizabeth. Everything has happened so fast, I barley had time to blink. If I had gotten to her soon enough, she wouldn't be like this. The healers at St. Mungo's said that there was still hope for her, and that string of hope was the only thing keeping me going in life. Elizabeth's body was so fragile, so lifeless, it scared me to think about what could happen next. 

"Padfoot, Howler is going to make it through. She's strong. She won't leave us." James, also known as Prongs, said as he held a pregnant Lily close to him. I looked through my wall of tears to see in Lily's arms my two month old daughter, Rosella. 

"Just have hope Sirius. That's what all of us should have." Remus said, whipping a few tears from his eyes, and taking Rosella from Lily's arms. Felicity began to stroke the top of Rosella's head softly. She gave a watery smile at my sleeping baby, and placed her hand gently on her bulging stomach. Remus kissed her softly on the cheek, and closed his eyes tightly as a few tears slipped from his eyes. 

I looked at Remus, not able to muster words. I was to heart broken, to worried to say anything. All my brain concentrated on was Elizabeth. We had only started are life together, getting married eleven months ago. I needed her, I know I can't live without her.  Elizabeth brought out the best in me. She was more then just the love of my life, she was my best friend. She had been ever since our journeys together in Hogwarts. 

 "Please don't leave me, Elizabeth. I need you. I can't live without you." I whimpered as more tears fell from my eyes and splashed onto her face. I held onto her fragile hand, hoping for any sign of her being ok. The room was filled with an eerie silence, until Elizabeth's heart beat line began to go flat. 

"WE NEED A HEALER! NOW!" James screamed as we began to panic.

Many healers ran into the room, pushing us outside the door. Lily screamed and clawed at the door, trying to run to Elizabeth. James held her back as him, Remus, and Peter began to cry. Felicity copied Lily's actions, slamming her fists repeatedly on the door trying to barge into the room. I stood outside the door, frozen with fear. She can't leave me. She just can't. I screamed as I sank to the floor, bawling my eyes out.

I needed Elizabeth. I needed to know she was going to be ok. I needed to know that her emerald green eyes would open once more. I needed to know that I would be able to wrap my arms around her and hold her tight. I needed to know I would feel her lips against mine again, to hear her laughter ring in my ear, and hear her angelic voice whisper my name. I needed to know this wasnt the end for us.

I felt many pair of arms wrap around me, all of us feeling the same thing. The wait outside the room was filled with many sobs, none of us knowing what else to do. Sorrow was all that filled the hallway of St. Mungo's as we sat together crying. I could tell how frighten all of us were, because even though we wished it wasn't true, we all knew there was a chance Elizabeth wasn't going to make it. But I had to keep hope. We pulled apart after some time, and sat in the chairs waiting for some sort of news. Most of the time, my face was in my hands, thinking hard and crying at the same time. I took Rosella from Remus, and held my baby girl in my arms. She opened her eyes, revealing their beautiful emerald green color, the same eyes as Elizabeth. She resembled Elizabeth so much, just looking at her brought me to tears. I began to cry softly, my tears falling onto the floor below me. The memory of the incident with Elizabeth began to flood through my body. It was all my fault. I shouldve been there. Why did I ever leave her alone?

"Padfoot. Please have faith in her." Felicity whispered softly. I looked up at her usually bright blue eyes, only to see they had dimmed. Her dark, long raven hair fell messily around her face, and her eyes were blotchy from crying.

"I need her, Midnight. Shes my life, my everything." I croaked, feeling a new sob form in my throat.

"Shes my best friend, my sister. I need her too. Padfoot, we need to be strong. Shes going to make it through. I know she will. We need to have faith." Felicity whispered, her voice cracking in the process. All I could do was nod before a sob erupted inside of me. My heart was torn into two. I couldn't go on without Elizabeth. She was my other half. I needed her like I needed air to breath. I sounded like a wounded animal as I sobbed in the depressing hallway of St. Mungo's. My eyes were pouring out enough tears to supply Niagra Falls. 

Eventually I calmed down, still sniffling a little bit. I sat in silence staring at the creme colored wall in front of me, rocking Rosella back and forth in my arms. I began to remember how the story all began. Elizabeth had given to me all of our memories together on our wedding day.she gave me all the  ones she wanted me to treasure forever, whether they be good or bad. These memories told the story of how I met Elizabeth. They told the story of the six marauders. They told the story of us.