Mother Know's Best

Începe de la început

"I said no police and if you can't do that then leave...I'm already stressed out...just let me get back to work." I said in a dismissive tone.  Bruce opened his mouth to speak, but closed it and sighed with a shake of his head.

"Fine Bella...if you need anything else...let me know; you know where to find me." I gave him a tight fake smile before I dropped it and went back to work.

"Bella...what's wrong?" My mother's smile dropped when she took one good look at me.  I walked into my parent's home and slowly sat down on the couch. I was about to cross my legs, but my mother slapped them and shook her head.

"Don't cross your legs while you are pregnant...it's not good for my grandson." I raised a brow and rolled my eyes...since I was pregnant I knew she wasn't going to hit me. I looked back at my mother and saw her glaring at me.

"You just wait until you drop him...I'm going to fuck you up-" I waved my hand and started on the reason I came over.

"Ma stop...I was attacked yesterday-" My mother was about to I'm sure say something smart about me cutting her off until I blurted out that bit of information.

"Excuse me!?" I sighed and watched her move back to look me over. I bit down on my lip and tried to hold my tears in while thinking back to last night's events.

"Ma...what I'm about to tell you has to stay between us...no one and I mean NO ONE can know. Not dad...or Michael." My mother looked stuck for awhile before she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Okay...it stays between us." I nodded my head and took a few deep breaths before I started.

"I was attacked at work...in the garage. A guy grabbed me when I got off the elevator and had a knife-" My mother eyes got wide and she grabbed my hand.

"A knife...did he cut you-"I shook my head and wiped a few tears that fell.

"No, it was a red line on my face from when he had to pressed there, but he didn't have a chance to...I was face-timming Michael and thought the call dropped, but it didn't. He notified a guard there-" My mother raised a brow and cocked her head tot he side.

"How does he know the guards at your job Bella?" I realized I said too much and looked away, but my mother squeezed my hand; making me look back at her and when I did she was giving me a stern look.

"Belle Renee...how does he know the guard?" I tried to move my hand, but she wouldn't let go. I took my free hand and pushed my hair back out of my face.

"Ma...Michael is..."Before I could finish I watched my mother roll her eyes. She dropped my hand and stood up.

"We can't escape them." My mother mumbled, but I heard her. I forward my brows and leaned forward a bit to listen to anything else she would say. Once I realized she wasn't I finally asked what she meant.

"Can't escape who?" My mother rubbed the back of her neck and looked at me with a bit of sadness in her eyes.

"Bella you listen to me and you listen good. Anything Michael ask of you; you do it with no questions asked. The less you know the better-" I held my hands up and stood up in shock, what the fuck was she talking about!?

"Wait...what!? Ma what are you even talking about right now?" My mother grabbed my shoulders and looked me in my eyes.

"Listen to me girl! Michael loves you, he has always loved you and will do anything for you...I've know it then and it's only gotten stronger since you two have gotten together. If...no, WHEN he finds the nigga who did this...don't try to talk him out of doing anything...just turn a blind eye and ear-" I looked at my mother like she was crazy, but when she said the last part I stopped her.