XXIII. YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWN

―❅―
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯]

―❅―𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐂𝐄[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯]

"tell me which one is worse,
living or dying first"

✧✦✧✦✧

"Let's say that Mikael followed Elena here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait," an emotionless Stefan suggested as he, Damon, Elena, Thea and Rebekah gathered in the Salvatore living room, discussing their plan to kill Klaus. Thea didn't particularly want to be involved with whatever the protect-Elena squad was currently planning, but Rebekah had asked her to be there for her comfort and the young wolf decided it was better for her to know their plan if she was going to help save her soulmate.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked as she jutted out her hip, a sarcastic expression on her face that caused Stefan to narrow his eyes slightly. "No, we vervained him! This guy is an original, we need to make it realistic," Damon answered making Stefan sigh, "okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger," the younger Salvatore said boredly, rolling his eyes.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead," Elena trailed off, looking towards the emotionless vampire, "we drove it through his heart," Stefan continued for her. Thea rolled her eyes, standing from her seat on the couch next to Rebekah, "and what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" she questioned the group with raised eyebrows. Damon smiled slightly at his best friend, "good point" he spoke before turning to face his younger brother, narrowing his eyes, "you, my brother, have been compelled to do whatever Klaus says. So, if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied."

The younger Salvatore scoffed, holding up his hands in mock surrender, "well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here, it's Thea you should be worried about," he said, smiling at the young wolf bitterly. Thea glared at him as Damon and Elena's heads snapped towards her in confusion, "what are you talking about?" the elder Salvatore asked quizzically as he looked back towards his smirking brother. "Well, I mean, she is his soulmate. And the two did get quite close over the summer. It wouldn't surprise me if she had already told him what we were planning," Stefan replied boredly, ignoring the icy glare Thea was currently giving him.

Unbeknownst to them all, Mikael was currently stood outside the living area, listening in to the conversation with a smirk on his face as he realised he now had something, or rather someone, to use against his wife's bastard son. Elena shook her head adamantly, "no, Thea's on our side, Stefan. She knows that Klaus is the enemy, and that he needs to die. Right, T?" the doppelganger asked as she looked towards her brunette friend who nodded back at her with false sincerity, "right."

The young Lockwood looked towards the floor as the attention moved away from her, only Stefan noticing the way her pretty face twisted with guilt. "Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof," Rebekah spoke up for the first time, shifting her concerned gaze away from her best friend and towards the group with a harsh glare. "Then I shall be dead," Mikael said as he stepped into the room behind Thea, causing the young Lockwood to stiffen as fear and hate coursed through her body.