Three Sandwiches and a Cat

It was a day like any other at Duel Academy--students dueling outside of their dorms, loudly announcing each move, others milling about the grounds in search of something to do, likely procrastinating their homework. Though you fully intended to complete the day's assignments, your stomach had other ideas--thus, you found yourself on the way back from the school store, three unopened sandwiches in hand. A spring breeze whipped through the air, rippling the collar of your Obelisk uniform top as you spotted Jaden and Syrus sitting on a bench together.

The two were conversing about something that was causing Syrus to turn increasingly red, and as you waved to your friends, you noticed a third figure shrouded in the shade beside the bench--your boyfriend, Chazz Princeton. His slightly tattered cloak billowed around his figure as he did his best to ignore whatever banter was occurring between the bench's occupants. You walked toward the three, seizing the opportunity to relieve Chazz of his current unfortunate fate.

"Chazz! Just who I was looking for. I got us a few sandwiches, want to go find out if they're any good?" You smiled mischievously as you held up the wrappers so he could see.

"O-oh, hey, (your name)!" Chazz blushed, surprised to see you. You'd been dating for about three months now, but he still seemed nervous around you, an overwhelmingly cute trait for the boy who so often attempted to display a proud facade. "I was just hanging with these losers 'cause I was bored. Of course I'll go eat with you!"

"Chazz! You could at least try to be subtle with the name-calling," protested Jaden.

"Whatever! I'm leaving. Let's go, (your name)," Chazz said with a smirk. You began to walk toward the forest, Chazz following at your heels. "I'm glad I ran into you, I was getting hungry. There better be the golden egg in there, or at least a lobster one, or they'll hear it from the Chazz! I don't want anything nasty!" He had a tendency to babble when nervous, you'd noticed.

However, as you came upon the forest entrance, Professor Banner appeared from its depths, undoubtedly to crash your picnic before it began. "Hey, kids," he said with his token impish smile. "You're just in time to do me a favor."

Great, you thought. Banner's always asking for weird favors and requests. Wonder what it is this time. You looked at Chazz, whose expression revealed he was likely thinking the same thing.

"Yeah? What is it?" Chazz asked.

"Well, I have some... business to attend to off the island. As much as I'd love to, I can't bring Pharaoh with me. You two would be perfect to look after him! I'll be back tomorrow," he explained, dumping Pharaoh into Chazz's arms before he had a chance to protest.

"Thanks!" Professor Banner yelled as he dashed off. You and Chazz exchanged confused glances. Pharaoh yawned contentedly in Chazz's arms as your stomach growled.

"Guess we have this cat now," you said.

"That's just like Banner," said Chazz.

"So," you began, chuckling lightly at the absurdity of the situation, "I guess we should take him to your room or something?"

"Sure," Chazz responded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chazz's room was a mess, with cards scattered everywhere and bedsheets in disarray. (This was partially your fault, as you had spent the previous night with him.) You plopped down on the bed, letting your back hit the mattress and the wrapped sandwiches fall nearby. With a shake of his tail, Pharaoh leaped from Chazz's arms onto your chest, nearly crushing you with his formidable feline weight. He began pawing curiously at the wrappers.

"Not so fast, kitty!" Chazz yelled, throwing himself onto the bed next to you and wrapping his arms around the sandwiches to protect them. Pharaoh stared at him, unamused. "Those are our sandwiches! Not for cats!" He began to unwrap the first sandwich, then grimaced.

"Yuck, carrots! Nevermind! It's for cats! Take it, kitty," Chazz shouted, a little louder than he likely realized. You laughed as Pharaoh happily munched on the rejected sandwich. Next to you, Chazz blushed. "I hate carrots," he said.

"I know." You stared into his eyes, a smile on your face. "I hope the other two are up to your standards, silly." You leaned in, planting a gentle kiss upon his lips. Chazz scooted closer, placing one arm around you and kissing you back, quickly but firmly. Unable to resist, the two of you shared kiss after kiss in this way as Pharaoh continued devouring the carrot sandwich in the background. Though you had a few classes together today, you weren't able to lock lips until now, and you loved being able to finally savor the taste of Chazz's mouth upon yours over and over.

Your stomach growled again, breaking the moment. "Guess we should probably eat," you said with a silly grin as you reached over to unwrap the other sandwiches together. As the white filling of your sandwich came into view, you felt neither enthralled nor disappointed. "Tofu," you announced. "Could be worse."

Chazz peeled away his wrapper slowly at first, then excitedly. "I got it!" he shouted. "Golden egg for the Chazz! Yeah!"

"Really? Lucky."

"Psssh, you know I'll share. But only with you," Chazz said with a wink.

"You're the best." You reached over to pat his head.

"I know," Chazz said. The two of you sat up next to each other, backs against the wall, sandwiches in hand. Though it was a simple, unexciting block of tofu between two bun halves, you hadn't eaten all day, and the subtle flavor coursed along your taste buds, inviting you in for increasingly larger bites. Before you knew it, your meal had been reduced to a few crumbs on the bed, which Pharaoh was now lapping up.

"Here. Open wide," Chazz said, holding a piece of his sandwich to your mouth. The tofu sandwich may have tickled your taste buds, but the generous bite of golden egg caused them to convulse in pure pleasure. The yolk burst open in your mouth, coating your tongue in creamy, gooey goodness, complemented wonderfully by the thick, wheaty bread. It was truly a taste of heaven.

"Delicious!" you couldn't help but blurt out. Even Pharaoh aired a cheerful meow in honor of the godly food ascension you just experienced.

"It's so good!" Chazz moaned, finishing up his last bite. "Thanks for getting us lunch, hun." He planted an egg-flavored kiss upon your lips.

"Anytime, Chazz." You gave his head a gentle pat, causing him to smile sheepishly at you. "But now there's a greater matter at hand!"

"What?" Chazz asked.

"How the heck do we take care of this cat?" you said, as Pharaoh placed himself upon your lap.

--To Be Continued--

Catsitting (Chazz x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara