"What happened to Laszlo!?"

"Come on!" the Doctor calls and pulls us to a stop when we reach a ladder. "Everyone up! Come on!"

***

All of us had made it back to Hooverville in one piece and Martha, Frank, and Tallulah were sitting around a fire pit. I was standing over the fire with the Doctor and my coat both around me, holding my hands over the fire to try and keep warm while I get Solomon up to speed on the situation.

Kas moves to sit beside Martha, making sure she's alright. "Is Star alright?" I hear her whisper, making me glance over with furrowed eyebrows. Why was she worrying about me? "I haven't ever seen her that angry. It was sort of... frightening..." Ah. That's why.

"She will be," the Doctor answers and I look down, chewing on my bottom lip. I didn't know I'd scared her with my outburst. Just... seeing the Daleks and hearing Dalek Sec talk about 'our' slaughter and how Mouse and Rose made good Daleks. It made me snap. Not my finest moment. "After we take care of the Daleks... she'll be fine, don't worry."

Solomon's voice brings me back to our conversation, "these Daleks... they sound like the stuff of nightmares," he shudders. "And they want to breed?"

"Yes, they want to splice their DNA onto Human bodies," I nod, rubbing my hands together. God, why did it have to be November that we came? Why not summer? Or even spring?

The Doctor stands, coming to stand beside me with his hands in his pockets, "and if we're right, they've got a farm of breeding stock right here in Hooverville. You've got to get everyone out."

"Hooverville's the lowest place a man can fall," Solomon shakes his head. "There's nowhere else to go."

"We're sorry, Solomon," the Doctor sighs, placing a hand on the man's shoulder. "You've got to scatter - down the railroads, travel across state. Just get out of New York."

"There's got to be a way to reason with these things," Solomon looks between us for answers.

"There's not a chance," Martha scoffs, standing and pulling her jacket around herself tighter. I glance at her, feeling guilty. I'll have to talk to her after all of this is over. If we make it out in one piece, that is.

"You ain't seen 'em, boss," Frank agrees, standing beside Martha.

"Daleks are horrible in the best of circumstances, but now?" I raise an eyebrow, wrapping my arms around myself. "Now they are vulnerable and that makes them unpredictable - makes them more dangerous."

A loud whistle sounds and one the Hooverville guards scream along with the sound of squealing, "they're coming! They're coming!"

"A sentry!" Solomon turns to the man rushing over. "He must have seen something!"

"It's started," Kas grits his teeth, looking around.

"We're under attack, everyone to arms!" Solomon orders.

Getting my blaster out, I pull Martha behind me as rifles are passed about. There were people screaming as they run and the pig-men were dragging people off, herding the rest of us into a circle. It was absolute chaos and everything was happening so quickly. The thought of someone who would enjoy this floats through my mind and I shake my head - heart aching and stomach knotting up in guilt. Now is not the time to be thinking about them. "Martha, do not move from out behind me," I order seriously and she nods, gripping onto my back as she looks around with wide eyes.

"I'm ready, boss," Frank nods, turning to the people gathered around us. "But all of you, find a weapon! Use anything!"

"Come back!" Solomon shouts to people running off into the dark. "We've got to stick together! It's not safe out there! Come back!"

The Last Royal (editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें