08

My name is Terra Combe and I am in the Capitol. I have commit treason and am being allowed to live, Terra tells herself, her head tucked between her knees and her hands locked in the matted, loose falling hair that hung limp around her face. Katniss left us to die. Finnick left me to die. We are all trapped here because of them - no, because of me? We're trapped here to punish the rebels for fighting against th Capitol.

She groans miserably into her arm as she tries to sort through her thoughts. Annie had whispered something about oxygen deprivation as a form of torture to mess with her mind when the redhead could muster looking up from where she had curled in the corner mumbling the names and cuts of different fish. It must of been a kind of technique that the woman used to calm her mind, but Terra felt so unsteady and confused, so unsure that she wasn't sure of the order of things as they were. How many times had that glass chamber, the one across that still contained specks and puddles, refilled? Empty and refill, empty and refill, it was a cycle that went on each time she passed out and woke up again.

There was a tickling, frustrating urge to comfort her, to disregard her own, plaguing thoughts and reach for her friend, but she couldn't work herself out of her stuppor.

The things that she knew and the things she thought just didn't match up. Objectively, Terra understood that she was being manipulated to think what Snow wanted her to believe, but after having spent so long, so many hours trapped in a glass coffin with footage that must have come from somewhere, she wasn't so sure what had been real at all. Who was to blame her when the mind wasn't right?

My name is Terra Combe and I am from District 10. I have commit treason againsy boths sides of the war and will be executed at the earliest convenience? She tries and moans miserably at the pounding of her head, crying softly into her knees. I am Terra Combe and I want to go home. Why won't anyone let me go home? Where is my home?

Crying harder, she moves her arms around enough to hear the clattering of the shackles against the floor and winces at the noise. It hurt to move, to lift her arms after having spent so long swimming, but Annie had whispered that it was normal as well, that it was get better with rest and she didn't doubt her even if it she knew there was little to no chance at her getting any rest.

"Stop crying, sunflower, please stop crying," Annie whispers, crawling towards the bars and reaching through, and she stuffs her head lower into her knees trying hard to hide herself away.

"Why bother? It's only going to get worse," Johanna drawls, lifting her head from where she had sprawled across the floor, and Terra can spot the way she continued to twitch from the corner of her eye.

Because they had electrocuted her, doused her with water before they had done so, and she had been forced to watch in the moments where she was free from her own torture and could listen to the screams of agony and pain undisturbed. She had heard Peeta then as well, deep and guttural, the cries of a man tormented, and she hadn't been able to see what was happening but she knew it was horrible.

The words kept echoing in her head, drowning out her own thoughts. His voice, bearing down in her mind, digging in, it made her wonder what part of her thoughts was being echoed back at her in his voice just to taunt her and what parts had been planted there, seeds of his on mind like a horrible game tactic meant to break her down. "Communication has always been suppressed between the districts, but you had always been a special case. The only Career material tribute to come from the outlier Districts."

The message went unsaid. The 'we allowed you to speak with Finnick and Annie and Johanna and Azolla and any other person you reached out to call or managed to arrange a vist', the clear mark of her special treatment that left her feeling as though she had been bashed upside the head by her own hammer. She probably deserved it anyway.