Mr & Mrs Gray

The Night Daniel Left Town
After throwing out the trash, Mary Gray entered the house and shut the door.

"Hey mom, did Daniel get back from his run yet? I wanted to watch the new season of 'Beachy' with him," Lucy asked walking in from the next room.

"Oh yes, as a matter of fact I just saw him now Lucy," replied Mary. "He told me to tell you that he is really tired after his run and he just wants to sleep but he'll text you later," continued Mary.

"Oh okay, that's fine. I'll just head up to my room then," replied Lucy, looking crestfallen.

"Oh darling, could you do me just one favour?" asked Mary.

"Of course Mom, what is it?" replied Lucy.

"Won't you please make your father and I a cup of tea and bring it to the living room?" Mary asked whilst heading towards the stairs.

"Sure Mom," replied Lucy and began to fill the kettle with water.

Mary hurriedly rushed up the stairs to Lucy's room and left her daughter's diary back where she had taken it from. She then entered the study where John Gray was sitting, reading the daily newspaper.

"You can give the Smiths a call back now John, I think Lucy is ready to meet their son," said Mary with a wink. "Dinner will be ready at 6," she called back to him, walking out of the study.

***

When Lucy later came into her room, she found her diary on the floor, thinking it must've fallen, she picked it up and curiously read what day it fell on, it read:

14 February

"Dear Diary, I have a secret to confess. You are the only one who knows about this and nobody, especially not Daniel, must find out..."