Chapter 2

I would like to think that we had a lot of things in common. For one we are all blondes well except for Mary she dyes her hair, she is technically naturally a ginger. Another thing would probably be that we were all taken around the same age 15 or 16yrs. Cora is now 28, Mary and I are now both 21yrs old. I guess there is a bit of an age difference.

At first, I found it hard to count my age as the years kept flying by, but it got exceptionally harder when I met Cody, who is the son of Cora who is now 12 years old. Usually we do not celebrate when one of our birthdays comes along and when do manage to, we make a pb&j sandwich then a stick a candle in the middle trying to make the best of it. Cora had been here the longest. Aside from Cody, she also had a daughter who would also be the same age as Cody because she would be his twin. Apparently when they were born and he had found out that one of the babies was a girl, he had become enraged and took her away. Cora has no idea what happened and personally I don't think I would ever want her to. It's hard to try and console someone especially if we have never been in that position before.

It has been a couple of months, but something had me feeling a bit off. I had been feeling nauseous and having fainting spells. I wasn't the only feeling that way, Mary was also feeling the same way. Later that day we began preparing dinner. The cooking was almost done, he had walked through the door. We sat down at the table, said a prayer, eat, and then it was time for bed. 

Over the next couple of days things were very strange. He had been acting very nice towards Mary and I offering to do part of the chores or making dinner. Sometimes he would come back bringing us gifts. It super weird and awkward, he was not being his normal jerk like self. Today was no different to the past couple of days he was still acting strangely kind to us. There had to be a reason why he acting like this. As we were doing our chores there was a knock at the door. He had gotten up from his permanent seat in front of the television to answer the door. Standing in the door way was man. He had light shaggy brown hair, he was wearing a light green polo shirt and brown slacks along with a white lab coat. He introduced himself as Dr. Nolan Hyde or as he said we could just call him Nolan, who was apparently called in to make a house call to check in and figure out what going on with Mary and I. Dr. Hyde examined Mary was first and then I was second. It took a couple of days until we got a call to confirm results from the examination. We were expecting, which was a surprise but what was a bigger shock was how far along we were. Mary and I are both 6 months, the reason that we may not been able to see any forms of pregnancy was probably due to the physical abuse.