Chapter 34- no

Warning: implications of sex at the very end, and slight swearing possibly

Natalie POV:

I did not just say that. Did I?

"Natalie what do you mean you can just not do treatments anymore?" Will asks, slightly angry.

Darn it. I said it.

"It's just... I.... never mind..." I mumble trying to avoid this conversation.

"Natalie talk to me. Why do you want to stop treatment?"

How do I tell him? How am I supposed to say I know it won't work? How do I tell him I'd rather die than go through this again?

"It's not working Will, you know that. Why waste the money on me when we could save Zoe's life."

"Natalie don't ever say that. We are not wasting money. And the treatment is working, you'll see. You have scans tomorrow before your next treatment. Even if it doesn't show improvement, Dr. Hansen won't stop until your better."

Or till I'm dead. Will refuses to face these facts. I'm not gonna make it. Why does he act like everything is going to be okay?

"Will... you don't know what this is like! I'm dying! I'm slowly, and painfully dying. Each treatment is worse than the last. Each day it gets harder and harder to do the things I used to do... before the cancer..."

"Natalie. Listen to me. You are not dying. You're surviving. And things will get harder, they always do. But Natalie you've survived six months of this already, you can survive some more."

"No, Will, I can't! All I want to do is go to work and feel normal. Or play with Owen and Zoe, and feel normal. I want to be normal, Will. And as long as I have cancer I can't do that! I want to go back to the way things were."

"What? You want to go back to before we were engaged?" Will asks angrily, while rising his voice.

"No Will! I want to be happy again!" I shout before I can even think of what I said.

"Well if that's how you feel..." Will says.

He immediately grabs a bag and shoves some clothes in it. He grabs his phone and shoves it in as well.

"Will? What are you doing?" I ask as I follow him to the door.

"You said you wanted to be happy again..." he said.

He walks out the front door, slamming it behind him.

I fall to the floor. I let out a sob. I stand up, and open the door. I look out at the street in front of our house. At the empty space. The space where Will's car was. He's gone. He's really gone.

Will POV:

I'm gone. I left. I walked out of our house. Actually, I walked out of her house. I don't make her happy. I'm ruining her life. I'm the cancer in her life, well besides her actual cancer.

My phone rings. I look down and see Natalie calling. I look back to the road.

If I don't make her happy why is she calling me?

I pull into the parking lot of Jay's apartment building and park. I grab the bag I packed and head up to his apartment building. When I get there I hear something behind his door. Wow, he really needs to turn the television down.

I walk in and immediately walk out.

There Jay is with Erin, lying on the couch together. Clothes discarded on the floor.

"Jesus Jay! Get a room!" I shout.

"It's my apartment! You get a room!" He shouts back before turning his attention back to Erin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: I'm back! Sorry about the short little break school is really annoying right now. Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed and let me know if you have any ideas or questions for upcoming chapters.
Let me know if you'd like me to start making my chapters a bit longer because I actually found it really easy to get to this length, which is slightly longer than my usual length!
See you guys next update!