Huhhhh? You're not Deidara!

Chapter 4

~Nara~

We must have been walking for hours but, yet he was still controlling me with those chakra strings of his; I was surprised that his chakra hadn’t run out yet. Although I wasn’t actually controlling my own body I was still exhausted and it just wouldn’t feel right falling asleep while walking so I kept my eyes as wide open as possible. I sighed loudly and glanced at him sideways to check and see if he was tired yet only to find him seemingly staring off into space and looking like he could just go on forever. I frowned and looked back up at the road and slumped my shoulders down and sighed loudly again.

This time he glanced at me from the corner of his eye with a hint of hatred in them and said,

“Stop doing that…its annoying.”

I pouted and looked at him full on and replied by saying,

“Mister, This trip is taking entirely too long, I’m exhausted, and I’m hurt. Can we at least make a rest stop?” I said while pouting a little bit more.

He looked me dead in my face and replied with a very blunt ‘No’ and saying how we were almost there anyway then dropping the topic entirely.

Suddenly, after a few minutes of complete silence and forest noises, he picked me up over his shoulder and did some sort of release jutsu on a wall on the side of a mountain. A door revealed itself from behind some bushes and after that I started dozing off but, I tried to keep my eyes open for as long as possible.

When this man did this release jutsu he didn’t only release the wall camouflage but he also released his disguise. He had short shaggy red hair, the same creamy chocolate brown eyes, and he was wearing a black cloak with red clouds on it.

“Y-you’re a…an A-Aka-“

“An Akatsuki yes, that’s right. Now just keep quiet and go to sleep.” He said while walking down hallway after hallway of the Akatsuki hideout. Normally when someone told me to do something that I love doing, they wouldn’t have to tell me twice, especially when I was being told to sleep or eat, but now I was focused on staying awake; seeing as if I let my guard down I’d definitely lose my life.

The red-headed akatsuki member opened a door and walked with me into a room that had puppets on one of the four walls in the room along with a bed and clay sculptures on another side which also had a bed and the last part of the room was blank with a just a bed there. He set me down in the black side of the room and then dumped a bunch of scrolls on the puppet infested side of what I assumed to be his and someone else’s room.

“Stay in here, not like you have much of a choice, and wait for me to come back and get you. In about an hour or so the poison should be completely gone from your system and your limbs should function properly again. If a blonde boy comes into the room don’t be alarmed, that’s just my partner/roommate Deidara. If you get hungry tell him to get you something to eat. I’m leaving.” He explained while walking out the door and slamming it.

After of few moments of silence my stomach made the loudest growling noise, in the history of loud growling noises. I attempted to curl into a ball to make the growling and abdominal pain go away but, my body still wasn’t responding to my brain.

“Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkk.” I said trying to distract myself.

I tried to find something entertaining to look at, when I heard the door start to jiggle and open. I held my breath and tried to stay as quiet as possible. Normally, I’d try to hide, hold my breath and stab the person to death with my wrist blade and make a crafty escape but, as you can see my assassin mindset doesn’t work when I can’t move. The person opening the door opening it painfully slow then he slammed it open leaving a good sized dent in the wall.

“Deidara-Sempai!!!!!!” The man shouted while throwing his hands up into the air.

A sweat drop rolled down the side of my head as I stared at the over-sized child but, then I remembered that this is a place full of S-Ranked criminals so this guys child like behavior could be just an act and an attempt to kill me; so I had to keep what little guard I had left up.

“Huuuhh? You’re not Deidara-Sempai! Deidara-Sempai isn’t as pretty…” he said while putting a finger to his chin, “What’s pretty girls’ name?”

I hesitated a moment in giving him my name but, seeing as I was already in deep shit as it was I guess it couldn’t have hurt.

“Um…My name is Nara…Nara Mariko Uchiha. What’s yours?” I said while tilting my head slightly to the side.

“Oh! Uchiha? You’re related to Itachi-San then right? He lives here to ya know! My name is Tobi by the way and Tobi is a good boy!” He said while doing a dramatic pose while pointing to himself.

My eyes widened at the information Tobi had given me and I was almost happy enough to try and get up and jump for joy. As Tobi was babbling on about himself I was attempting to find a way to interrupt him without being rude which turned out to be damn near impossible seeing as he couldn’t keep quiet not even for a good four seconds.

“T-Tobi?” I asked while trying to look over at him.

Tobi stopped in mid sentence just to look at me in acknowledgement and I smiled one of my most charming smiles I could muster and said,

“Tobi…when I get better could you take me to see him? My Brother?” I said while taking hold of his hand as he stepped closer. I don’t know whether Tobi’s mask was glowing red where his cheeks were suppose to be behind his mask or if I was just hallucinating but, whatever I was doing was working.

“Uh sure Nara-Chan…just for you though.” He said while winking at me through his single eye hole. I giggled and my stomach started growling again.

“Um Tobi? Could you do I a favor and get me something to eat? Deidara was supposed to come and I was supposed to ask him but, he hasn’t shown up yet.”

Tobi put one of his hands on his hips and the other one gave me the thumbs up,

“Sure thing, Nara-Chan!” Tobi said excitedly while stumbling out of the room.

I smile to myself, “He’s so cute.” I thought out loud.

Little did I know someone was watching us the whole time, and still was at this very moment.