IX

CHAPTER 9

It was just another one of those mornings, the ones where Jisung had to physically pull himself out of bed against his will. Given however that it was after a good 45 minute mental breakdown and his dog jumping on his chest until he did so.

Mentally speaking, Jisung had been doing fine. But there always came a time where he simply wasn't, and it sucked.

Walking into the small cafe had become a routine now and even when feeling under the weather, Jisung dragged himself to the front counter and ordered a double espresso to drink in. Something he rarely did, but he was in no hurry and didn't seem particularly up to work on a song he'd probably never accomplish any time soon.

Jisung was so out of it, that he barely registered the concerned gaze the barista was giving him, he was too preoccupied in not bolting out of cafe and back into the safety of his bed.

The usual banter and horrible flirting was missing from Minho's morning, but he noticed he distant gaze in Jisungs eyes. It challenged a new feeling to flutter across his mind, worry.

When Jisungs name was called to come retrieve his small cup of espresso, he belatedly noticed the napkin that was securely placed beneath. Normally customers would grab a napkin themselves, yet it seemed Minho had taken the liberty to do it himself.

Jisung gulped down the cuppa, and leaned back in the arm chair by the window. He found himself fiddling with the napkin in a daze, but when he turned it over he nearly toppled off the chair and onto the floor.

text me, you look sad
xxxxxxxxxxx
- l.m

Eagerly Jisung looked up towards the counter, only to find his crush very intently staring at the coffee machine like it was his mortal enemy. But the lightest shade of pink at the tips of his ears was enough to fill warmth in Jisungs chest. He found himself walking into the studio with a slight smile and skip to his step, even if he still felt off.

2019 21 FEB'