004:

Phoenix Rainbow Rowe

Phoenix watched as Ms. YahYah kept her eyes on the door. Here it was half past 5 p.m. and Ms. YahYah had promised Phoenix her son would be arriving at any moment. Truth was Phoenix had no interest in meeting Ms. YahYah's son. She enjoyed the time she spent with Ms. YahYah and that's all she wanted to do.

"He's missing out." She dismissed as she attempted to sit up more on her bed. "That boy just won't listen to me." She shook her head as Phoenix aided her to sit up. "He's missing out on a gem, dumb ass!"" Phoenix only smiled at her as she took the time to help YahYah fix the scarf on her thinning hair filled head. She didn't want to be matched with her son because she knew the reason why she was pressing the issue so much.

"Maybe he's found the love of his life and she isn't sick." Phoenix blurted out attempting to laugh it off. She was dealing with the fact that she had cancer and was going to die. It didn't bother her unless she thought about it too much. Phoenix wanted to find love and eventually start a family of her own with whomever she chose to be her husband but she knew that was impossible giving the circumstances.

"Please!" Ms. YahYah commented. "My son has been around here getting tail feather from these hoe ass nurses. Make me beat his ass."

Phoenix couldn't help but to laugh uncontrollably at the women who barely weighed 100 pounds. She couldn't even swat a fly if she wanted to but knowing the little about YahYah she knew she meant business. "Maybe he's just learning about the treatments." Phoenix joked in order to help her son out.

"Look at you already defending him." She smiled turning to Phoenix taking in her beauty. "Yup! You're perfect for his ol' mean behind." Phoenix blushed as she sat at the foot of YahYah's bed before YahYah began to comb through her hair and braid it. Phoenix had gotten so lost in her scalp being massaged she hadn't heard the door open. "Mmh. Hello." Ms. YahYah spoke to whoever had come in. Figuring it was the nurse, Phoenix didn't bother to open her eyes. Truth was she was falling asleep due to the relaxed energy.

"Ol' lady, I thought your company was gone. I'll come back later." The soft bass in his voice made Phoenix breathing uneasy. She was afraid to open her eyes and face the door but she knew the voice well. It was side profile or as Peeyah would call him Mr. TDA

"Stop!" Ms. YahYah halted the man in his tracks. "Sweetie this is my son." Phoenix could feel the taps to her back but she didn't want to turn around. She knew she couldn't play sleep forever but she could at least try. "I know you hear me girl."

She couldn't control her body as it turned around to face him. Her hair was braided in sections so she couldn't hide behind her big beautiful curls. "Hey." She smiled awkwardly at the floor.

"Thing 2." His voice carried into laughter but Phoenix couldn't figure out what was so funny. This was the second time he had tried to make her feel small and she wasn't going to take it due to her boost of energy.