000

Phoenix Rainbow Rowe

The room spun around as the doctor spoke the heart shattering news. Phoenix had only turned 25 a week ago and here she was thinking she was just stressed and sick from the death of her father, the lost of her fiancé and her job that she had just started but know unfortunately had to quit.

"Ms. Rowe?" The doctor known as Mrs. Lei spoke attempting to gain her attention.

"I- um." Phoenix stumbled over her words while her mind raced, hands sweated and the room closed in on her. "What are the next steps?" She questioned trying to fight the tears that threaten to roll onto her chocolate cheeks.

"Luckily we've caught the cancer early." She smiled grabbing Phoenix's nearby X-rays pointing to the problematic areas. Phoenix scoffed at the word 'luckily'. She was feeling bitter but she didn't want to be. She felt God was playing a sick trick on her. "You have stage 2 type A breast cancer."

Phoenix blinked her eyes waiting for her to continue as she read through the pamphlets of what exactly stage 2 type A breast cancer was.

"We will do chemotherapy and see where it takes us." She smiled. "Do you have any family that can help you through this?"

Shaking her head no, she watched Doctor Lei's mouth move but she couldn't focus. She had no one in the world at this point. Her mother didn't want her after 3 years, her best friend had died during a drug deal gone wrong, her other closest friend had disappeared, the love of her life had basically dropped her and her father was gone. She felt like she was going to die although her doctor reassured her that the cancer was not as bad as it seemed.

Pharaoh Bakari N'Jadaka Jonson

Letting the shower hit his bare back allowed Pharaoh to tense and then relax under the scolding hot water. He couldn't process exactly what had happened in the last 24 hours. Here he was off from his position in the military due to his honorable discharge only to find his mother withering away in a hospital bed.

"Fuck!" He punched the tile before racking his hands through his tapered dreads before gathering up his emotions. Pharaoh took his time washing his body carefully before getting out the shower allowing all of his glory to air dry on the way to his bedroom.

"I told you to leave before I got out the shower." He spoke gauging in on his 'night cap' from last night. "I made myself clear, didn't I?"

"I figured I would give you something to boost your spirits." She smiled slowly removing the silk black sheet from her nude brown tone."

"Me being alone would've done that just fine." He growled never taking his eyes out of his underwear drawer searching for a pair.

"Pharaoh! Are you serious?!" She snapped grabbing her little blue dress that had once held his attention. "So what was last night ?"

"I picked you up in a bar and we fucked." He laughed throwing the simple grey Gucci t-shirt over his broad keloid skin. "Told you to go this morning."

"Fuck you!" She spoke moving towards the door.

All Pharaoh could do was laugh. He didn't too much care about anyone's feelings. There was only 3 people in the world that he cared for Phoe (Foe),his father, his old childhood friend Phoenix, someone he lost contact with years ago, and the last was his mother . Who was laying on her death bed. So he would have no one.