Chapter 9: Gone

Chapter 9

Gone

Brock had been even more distant for the next few days, and I really didn’t understand it. I finished cleaning the bowl in my hands and rinsed it off. We had a perfectly functional dishwasher, but without Stephen to keep me busy, I only hand washed now. I picked up a fork from the bottom of the sink filled with soapy water.

I hadn’t even heard anything about my son. I didn’t know who was taking care of him. To be honest, I didn’t trust anyone with my pup. Even if they were an expert at raising kids, I want to be the one to do it.

I dropped the utensil in the rinse water. Grabbed the edge of the counter, I took in a deep breath. I’d just have to trust Brock. He’d find a way to get our a little boy back, at least I hope he would.

Glancing at the clock, I saw the time flash well past seven. He was late, well later than usual. He could’ve easily went out with his friends after work, but lately he’d been coming home right after getting off. I didn’t really expected the habit to last forever, though.

I pulled out the plug and rinsed out the sink as it drained. Today was exhausting, I just need to go to bed and let it end.

The doorbell rang. I dried off my hands and made my way to the front door. Opening it slowly, I saw the alpha. My hope spiked, until I noticed that Stephen wasn’t with them. My last bit of energy had been wasted.

“Brock’s not home,” I muttered lowly.

The alpha nodded his head, and the two men entered the house. My mouth dropped open as they marched in, pushing me to the side. One went to the kitchen, while the other hurried upstairs.

“Vincent,” said the alpha firmly.

I stood in the middle of the entryway and just stared. “Yes?”

“Where is he?”

Looking over my shoulder, I gave him a confused expression. “Who?”

“Brock, have you heard from him?”

I shook my head. “Not since this morning. I made breakfast, and he went to work. I think he’s out with his coworkers right now.” I heard something bang upstairs. “If you come back later, you can talk to him then,” I stated annoyed.

Having two dominant rummage through my house was definitely not necessary. He knew about Brock’s overbearing side, and now those men’s scent would be everywhere.

The two returned.

“Nothing, Rush” said the taller one.

The alpha gritted his teeth, and rubbed his forehead. “Take the sub back to the house. We’ll search the area.” The shorter werewolf went with the alpha, as he headed for the back door. The taller with pitch black hair grabbed my arm.

“I-I can’t.” I pulled back. “We need to wait until Brock gets home.”

The man yanked me outside. I gasped and stumbled before regaining my balance.

“Move now.”

I didn’t resist as he led me to the car and opened the back door. I slipped inside, and the door was immediately slammed. Keeping my head bowed, I put on my seatbelt. The man slipped behind the wheel and proceeded to drive the car out onto the street soon after without even a glance my way.

“What going on?” I whispered.

No reply.

“My mate is going to be really upset. Do you have a phone, so I can at least call him?”