Chapter 23 - Funeral

Start from the beginning

Liam looked at Katie as he finished drinking his glass of water. "You should get a coat, Katie. It's cold today." He said.

"I didn't bring much along the line of coats for some reason." Katie laughed and walked to her room.

"I might have a coat in my closet if you want to try it on?" Sophia shouted to Katie.

"Oh thanks, Sophia, I'll look." Katie shouted in reply and disappeared into a room.

Harry came back out of his room wearing a proper suit this time. "Harry, you forgot something there." Sophia said. Harry looked down at himself and realized he was still wearing leather boots and walked back to his room with a sigh. We all laughed at him as soon as he was gone.

"This is the only coat I saw in the closet." Katie walked back in the room and we looked up at her. Perrie and Sophia gasped and covered their mouths. Liam was speechless, Niall sprayed out his water and grabbed his chest as he choked again, and I dropped my cup of tea on the floor, letting it shatter into pieces as I stared at her in shock.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Katie looked at us in horror.

She didn't see it.

She looked just like Eleanor.

It was uncanny.

"That's...sweetie, that's Eleanor's jacket." Sophia walked over to Katie and explained.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I didn't mean to." Katie took off the jacket and Sophia followed her back to the room to find another one.

Perrie leaned over and picked up the glass on the floor.

"Well that was, that was just...um..." Liam started speaking but couldn't find the words to finish his sentence.

"Yeah." I agreed with him. All of my emotions flooded back to me and I felt confused with everything. Confused about Katie. Confused about Eleanor. Why am I so attracted to Katie? It's so wrong, Eleanor just died. I shouldn't feel this way about anyone yet...or at all. I loved Eleanor didn't I? I'm starting to wondering if I even did. And why did Eleanor have to do this to me? We were going to be together forever. She said we would. I shouldn't have to be thinking about starting a new relationship with Katie or anyone. We had so many plans...how could she do this...

Was the room spinning or was it just me?

I walked away from everyone and went outside to wait in the car. I never realized Katie looked so much like Eleanor...what if she's right and I'm only latching onto her because she reminds me of Eleanor?

God, I'm not going to make it through this day.

Harry's POV:

So the actual funeral itself was over. I don't even know why we're calling it a 'funeral', don't you have to have the body to call it a funeral? It's more like a memorial remembering Eleanor's life. It was cold and windy and cloudy outside so we held the reception afterwards indoors in the basement of a church. There was too much going on and I was on the verge of having an anxiety attack. I knew Eleanor before Louis so this was particularly hard for me. I almost wish I had never introduced them so Louis wouldn't have to go through this. I've been so busy with my little obsession that I haven't quite registered the fact that she's dead. I've been blocking it out of my brain so I wouldn't have to deal with it but there's no hiding from it now. Eleanor's mom held my hand most of the time during the memorial. Louis excused himself at one point and returned 10 minutes later. Perrie and Sophia have never stopped crying since we got here. It's really hard watching so many people you care about act like this and no matter how much you comfort them, it just doesn't take away the pain.