Nexus

Around 300 metres from Nexus, the first wave of Militia Titans came under fire by IMC units. To the left of DZ a titan's left leg was blown off, tripping it and instantly destroying it in an explosion as the Chassis hit the ground.

"Warning, warning, friendly Titan destroyed. " DZ instantly responded, informing Aiden

Aiden switched to Long-range mode and opened fire blindly on the City wall in front. Another shot rung out, barely missing a Titan in front of DZ.  

"Northstar-class Titan spotted on the wall, all units weapons free!" Commander Briggs issued the order and every other Titan slowed and began lighting up the Titan in the distance, forcing it to move into cover. It was now a mad dash to the wall before reinforcements came, which were sure to eliminate most of the Militia's titans.

The wall was half destroyed and in some places completely knocked down. Every titan lined up against it, getting ready to assault. "On my mark everyone. Three, two, one. Mark!" Commander Briggs yelled the last one, rushing into the city. Every other titan followed suit. They immediately came under fire from multiple IMC titans. Aiden activated the gun shield to tank some rounds but it was ripped to shreds. There were nine or ten Militia titans so the sheer numbers were able to power through the overwhelming force of the IMC.  At the cost two titans. They pushed further into the city, checking for traps and taking out stray titans. The streets were empty and quiet. An occasional explosion rung out, echoing against the towers. They moved in single-file and in groups around the city, looking for more IMC. Night soon set upon the Militia, the city didn't light up, concealing them in darkness. Not for long, as their headlights were activated. The place was eerily quiet and you'd think they'd have scoured the entire city. "DZ check the scanners again. It's too quiet, there has to be someone else around."

"Affirmative, no hostiles detected within city perimeters." DZ was clear on his answer for the third time. There was no one else here. "Commander Briggs this is Corporal Dargo, I've finished my search of the city. No hostiles detected."

"Alright Corporal, come on back. Drinks on me everyone when we get back up!" Sarah's call certainly improved morale at that point. A few laughs and cheers could be heard over comms.

Aiden was nearing the main groups position when something dashed through his headlight. He almost instantly spun up the Predator Cannon, broadcasting a message out loud. "Whoever that was show yourself. I am armed." He continued to trudge forward slowly. All of a sudden a Titan was running at Aiden, just as it came into the headlights it vanished. "DZ did you see that!? Th-th-That titan just vanished!" But as he finished his sentence DZ went dark. A scrape could be heard, metal against metal, it was a sword, being driven through the back of DZ. A Ronin-class Titan just rammed it through DZ, the imaging panels flickering and shutting down, all lights completely offline. Aiden thought it was over but it wasn't. A piece of the cockpit slightly fell, knocking Aiden in the head, making him Unconscious. DZ crumpled to the ground, twitching, and sparks flying everywhere.