6

Alpha
    The rogue leader falls and the rogues flea. As the rest of the rogues left, the pack surrounded Cindy. Growling at her. "Stop!" I order as images and a voice flash through my head. Everyone seemed to back down, but I couldn't be for sure.
     "I promise to keep you safe and pain free." That was her last thought. Warrior Cindy, gave her life so that My mate wouldn't have to feel the pain she felt. The woman who I had never seen or heard cry since her parents died so many years ago. She was strong, stronger than anyone I know. She had every right to rip that Alpha to shreds. She should have shifted and killed him, or died with her mate. Yet she chose to stay, to protect my mate. Her Luna.
    No one has ever truly given their life for me. Some have died by my side, but none willingly took the hit for me. But she did. This Omega that was looked down upon. Bullied. Abused.
   "She gave her life.. to keep my mate from feeling the pain she felt... She took the hit to keep them from taking over this pack. She gave her life for me. Your alpha. And you wish to rip her to pieces. That's nonsense. No one here would have took that hit. It would have killed me, left your Luna crippled in the loss of her mate. They would have took over this pack. You should be thanking her." I growl at them. Then I stalk off. It was no secret her and Greg were my favorite warriors. They were more loyal than everyone else together.
    I reach the pack house and shift back before walking inside. I go straight upstairs to my room and put on clothes. I then went back down to the west wing where she resided. It was told to be haunted but it wasn't really. My granddad had spent almost all his time here, and when he passed he left a letter saying he would stay there forever. That's what started the rumors.
    I walked around and her honey scent was all over. It was just her scent. No one else's. It's so odd.. so calming to not have so many scents all the time. I can see why she would always be happy to come here. "Alpha.. we brought her body back." Greg says from down the hall as I stop in front of her door. "I'll be right there." I say and open her door.
     Her room was beautiful. It was the first time I'd seen it. She had a black and white scheme to it. With black and white blankets and pillows on a mattress raise 3 feet off the ground by pallets painted grey. She had a hammock seat with the colors of light brown net, and a grey seat with a black pillow and small white blanket. Along with a white shelf with books filling it. And little niknaks on top. A black desk sat in a corner with a grey computer and chair. A few small plants are on the shelves around the room. String lights went across one wall with photos of Cindy with a few other omegas. One newer looking one was of her and Greg in the training field at one of the packs.
     The room was beautiful. So cozy and simple. I walk to her closet and it was full of dresses of all kinds. Some floor length some mid thigh. Some dark others bright. Some hugged her while others flowed out. She had heels and flats lining the wall in a type of contraption. Then she had her new clothes, black jeans, with black tops of several variety. With boots and tennis shoes.
    She was such a simple girl. Why did fate have to be so harsh on her? "Jason?" A sweet voice calls. I turn around and saw my beautiful mate. "Hey Kristy." I say and bring her in a hug. "You were close weren't you?" She asks. "Not exactly. But I was fond of her. She was like the little sister i ignored a lot and then got closer to." I tell her as i rest my chin on her head. "I'm sorry love. I wish she didn't have to go." She says. "It's fine. She did what she thought was right. She kept her promise and kept you safe and pain free. She's with her mate now." I say more to myself. "I love you". She says. "I love you too." I reply.
   We walk through the west wing but I stop in for of granddad's office. "Go ahead love. I'll be there in a second." I tell Kristy. She nods and leaves. I enter the office and look around. "Granddad? I know your not here, but I'm hoping you can hear me. Can you possibly tell Cindy to come back down. Tell her I need her." I say to the empty room. Sighing as I realize just how crazy and stupid this is, I leave the room. "More rogues!" Is yelled through the mindlink. And I'm off. I rush down the hallway, and slide around the corner slamming into the wall. I then run down the other hallways and out the door. Shifting as the Moon light hits me.
     They are right outside the pack house now. This is dangerous. They shouldn't have gotten past the borders but now they are so close to us. This must stop.
    I won't let them take over this pack, not after Cindy gave her life for it.