Chapter 2

//lmk how you guys feel about the changes - m :)

I gently knocked on Pony's door, "Hey, you alright?" I asked through his door that looked like it was gradually falling apart. I waited for a couple seconds with no answer until he opened his door,

"Sure." He looked up at me, his face was blank.

I let myself in his room and looked around, "That sounds convincing." I joked, sitting on his bed, "Look," I began, "Darry worries a lot more than he used to. I know it's damn annoying but you have to know he means well." I finished, looking at him. He was sitting at his desk, facing me.

He sighed, "You sound like Soda."

I cringed, "Don't ever say that again." He only laughed at my comment.

"Speaking of Soda, he's making dinner tonight if you want to stay." He suggested, messing with a pencil on his desk.

I smirked, "Are you askin' me to stay for dinner, Pone?"

His ears turned red and he rolled his eyes, "Get out of my room, greaser." He remarked quickly. I laughed in return and left, shutting his door on the way out.

-

I woke up on the Curtis's couch with a small blanket thrown over me. I sat up and looked at the clock on the wall, it was almost one o'clock. After everyone ate dinner, I stayed up with Two-Bit, Ponyboy, and Soda while we listened to the radio and played card games. I must've fallen asleep after Ponyboy went to bed. Two was actually watching Mickey Mouse but he'd get up to dance or sing along to a song he liked. For some reason, Steve didn't come to dinner and I forgot to ask Soda about him.

Despite Darry being an overprotective jock, yesterday went fairly well. It's always nice spending time with Ponyboy and not feeling awkward like how it was after Johnny...

Anyway, I turned on my side and decided to go back to sleep. What else was there to do, right? Well, apparently Two-Bit had plenty of ideas on what to do because I was forced to get up, "Get your greasy ass up!" He pulled the blanket off me, covering himself up with it like a cape.

"I'm greasy?" I yelled as I got up off the couch, "You're a walking jar of grease!" I threw the nearest thing at him, which happened to be a book. It was paperback, fortunately for him. He tried to block it with the blanket but ended up knocking over a lamp. We looked at each other and laughed.

Two picked the lamp up, "Aye, man, if you wanna sleep all day that's up to you. But, there's this party I heard about and we're going. Steve and Sodapop are too. Well they don't know yet, but it's happening." He smiled an excited smile, I could practically feel the excitement radiating off of him.

I only shook my head and asked, "Do you even know where this party is? And what time to go?"

His smiled only grew, "Of course. Who do you think I am?" He asked rhetorically.

He pulled a crumpled napkin from his pocket, opened it up, and read the address. He then gave me the time, "It starts around six but we can be late of course." He explained confidently, "Plus, free booze." He added casually. Like that wasn't the entire reason he wanted to go. Well, that and the fact that he probably doesn't want to show up alone.

"And you weren't planning on inviting me were you?" A voice came from the hallway entrance, it was Ponyboy.

Two looked from him to me, then back to Pony, "Well, uh, I didn't think you would want to come."

"Sure," He didn't sound convinced, "I'm going. Who's driving what car?" He walked in and sat in Darry's chair.

I looked at Two, expecting him to be the one to drive.