It's Okay, I Like Different

They appeared at a lake somewhere. Dean saw another version of himself and Cas watching the stars.

"Imagine seeing the TARDIS flying around above us." Dean.2 smiled.

Dean.1 furrowed his eyebrows. "What the hell is a TARDIS?"

Gabe rolled his eyes. "You are so uncultured."

"Dean." Cas muttered.

"What?" Dean.2 asked.

"Nothing."

"Where are we now?" Dean.1 asked Gabe.

"Somewhere in Washington."

"Dean, we should go." Cas murmured.

"No. I like it here. I forget about everything."

"Dean, what are you so sad about?"

Dean.2 sighed.

"If you don't wanna tell me, I respect that. I just personally think it's better to talk about things like this."

"You're right." And he told him everything.

Dean.2 and this universe's version of Sam's parents died in a car crash a few years ago. Dean was 12 at the time and Sam was 8. After that, his uncle Bobby and his wife, Ellen adopted them. Apparently Bobby and Ellen were married here. And alive. They were still hunters here, though. They still moved around like nobody's business.

Both Deans had tears cascading down their faces by the time he finished. The real Dean tried not to show it, but Dean.2 let it all out.

"And now Sammy won't talk or smile."

Dean.1 clenched his fists. Gabe gave him a pat on the back. Cas and Dean.2 just held each other, Dean crying into his shoulder every now and then.

"How long are we supposed to be here?" Dean.1 asked.

"Don't worry, we'll leave soon."

"Cas?" Dean.2 choked.

"Yes, Dean?" Cas replied.

"Thank you."

Dean.1 looked away, unable to watch. "Why are you showing me this?"

"Because I want to show you what kind of destiny you have. With Cas."

"Why would you care?" Dean turned to face him.

"He's been praying to me for weeks. He is in love with you, you asshat! But you don't feel that way, do you?"

Dean just stared at him. "He's in love with me?"

Gabe rolled his eyes. "Of course he is! 'Profound bond'? Come on. And that whole 'personal space' thing? Haven't you noticed it only seems to apply to you?"

"Well, I, uh. Shut up." He retorted.

"Cas, I need to tell you something." Dean.2 spoke up.

"Okay, shoot." Cas said.

"I... I like you, Cas."

"I like you, too, Dean."

"No, I mean I like-like you."

Dean.1 automatically blushed. Like-like? Is that even a thing anymore?

"And I am not about to deny myself the simple pleasures of existence."

Gabe chuckled. "Good book. Way better than the movie."

Dean.1 looked at him. "What?"

Gabe rolled his eyes again. "Just shut up."

"Are you quoting 'The Fault In Our Stars'?" Cas asked Dean.2.

"Yes."

And then he did something which caught the real Dean off guard. He kissed him. He kissed Cas. Though what troubled Dean the most wasn't the kiss. It was the fact that it didn't trouble him much at all. And that troubled him.

"Ready to go?" Gabe asked.

Dean looked at him. "Yeah."

Gabe snapped his fingers and they were in a diner where another Dean and Cas were drinking milkshakes.

"Oh, no! Wrong one, even I'm not this cruel!" He quickly snapped his fingers again and they were gone.

(This was a scene from "It's Okay, I Like Different" by @mishaplease. ITS SOOO FRIGGIN GOOD. READ IT NOW. And you can deduct what the last bit was.)