Chapter 8

Negan's POV:

We're on the way back from Alexandria. It's a long drive back and it's getting dark. Athena is cuddled up to me, sat on my knee whilst Simon is driving. "You ok darling?" I asked Athena. "Yeah dada." She answered quietly. I planted a kiss on the top of her head. She ended up playing with the zips on my leather jacket. I just chuckled and held my baby girl.

After about 20 minutes it was pitch black outside. I looked down at Athena and she was snoozing away. She was shivering like crazy. "Si crank up that heating." I whispered. Simon turned up the heat so my little girl could warm up.

About half an hour later we got back to The Sanctuary. I'm absolutely shattered. I can't wait to get me and my little girl to bed. No doubt it's gonna be bloody freezing when we get out the truck. When the truck stopped, I gently passed Athena over to Dwight for a moment whilst I took my jacket off. I took Athena off Dwight and wrapped my little girl in my jacket.

I was right, it's fucking freezing outside. But my main priority is to keep my baby girl snug and warm. When I got us both back to our room, I gently laid Athena down whilst I got our pyjamas. I got into mine and then I changed Athena into hers. But she woke up screaming in pain with her arm. "Owwww my arm dada." She sobbed. Fuck. I've hurt my little girl. "I'm sorry baby." I felt tears well up in my eyes as I held my baby girl. "It ok dada. I know woo not mean it." She sniffled. "When my arm better dada?" She asked. "A few more weeks darling." I cooed. I hate seeing my baby in pain. I gave her some medicine to help ease the pain and I cuddled her as we both fell asleep.

The next morning, I let my Athena to sleep for a bit longer when I woke up. I just cuddled her as she snoozed away. She woke up about twenty minutes later. "Morning dada." She yawned. "Morning baby." I stroked my little girl's face. "How's your arm?" "Hurting stiw." "Let's do you some breakfast darling then I can give you some medicine." I did some pancakes for me my little girl. We couldn't decide what to have on them so we just mixed it up! Chocolate, syrup, sprinkles. The works! It's fair to say we both enjoyed breakfast. "How about we treat ourselves and get some things from the market today eh?" "Heww Yeah!" Athena said happily. "That's my girl." I winked at her. I got us both dressed and we headed downstairs to the market. We went down to the kids clothing area and I picked Athena up so she could have a look. The Saviour behind the desk was clearly scared of me, but she was sweet to Athena. "Hey there sweetheart. Do you like this pink shirt? This pink dress?" Athena rolled her eyes. "I not wike pink!" The woman was taken aback. "Oh. Well what do you like then?" Athena looked at me for reassurance. "Go on darling." I smiled at her. "I wike dem!" She pointed to a black leather jacket and a navy blue dress. "Are you sure? You don't want something more girly coloured?" The woman asked. "She said she wants them!" I growled. This obviously scared her and she got them for us. "Tank oo." Athena smiled. I knew the smile. It's my smile. I just chuckled and carried my little girl around the market.

We walked up to the weaponry. "Why don't you choose a new weapon for daddy eh?" I said quietly into Athena's ear. Her smile widened. "Dat dada!" She pointed to a knife. I needed a new knife. "Good choice darling." I kissed my little girl on the cheek and she cuddled into me. "What do ya say we go to the canteen and get some lunch eh? I dunno about you darling, but I'm starving!"

I carried my little girl to the canteen, where everyone bowed down to us. We went to the front of the queue and we both got a ham sandwich and an apple each. We sat on an empty bench and Athena plonked herself on my knee as we both ate. After we ate Athena had her orange juice. A couple minutes in, she ended up spilling it all over. I didn't get angry at her as she's still only a baby. But when I looked down, she fell asleep drinking her juice. I left our two trays and carried my little girl upstairs. I put her new clothes away and my knife, changed her diaper and put some clean clothes on her before laying her down in bed. I wrapped my little girl up and planted a kiss on her small head.

I sat myself on the sofa and started on doing paperwork. After about half an hour I finished the paperwork and Sherry, Amber and Frankie came in. Before they could say anything I raised my finger to my lips and cocked my head to where Athena was sleeping. "We were wondering if you wanted to come spend time with any of us." Frankie whispered. "No I fucking don't. I got a little girl to look after. And there's nobody I trust to look after her. You can stay in here for a while but there'll be no freaky deaky business." I said. "And stay away from my little girl." I growled.

The wives ended up lounging around the room. They put a film on. They decided on The Exorcist. Athena woke up during the film. "Me wat wiv woo dada?" She yawned. I felt abit weary because I've never let my baby watch horror movies but she got out of the bed and ran over to me. I lifted her up on to my knee. After about ten minutes she started screaming and crying. "I not wike it dada." She sobbed into my chest. I turned the film off and told the wives if they wanna watch the rest, they can watch it in the wives quarters.

Me and my little girl ended up having a Disney marathon. Nothing made me more happier to see my Athena smile. Before I found my baby girl I was extremely powerful. I still am but it's Athena that keeps me going. Disney may not be my first choice of films but if it makes my little girl happy, then I'm happy.

That's chapter 8 guys! I hope y'all like it!