Ellen

Hey guys! Mashinupstories here! Before we get into it I want to thank all of you who have been around after all these years! I'm still doing the story, I just don't have as much time as I do due to school and stuff! The story will go in but it'll take a while so have faith in me that I may be able to give out parts of the story piece by piece (hehe) and I'll try to get to the main plot faster, so then this chapter will be starting our real story with (Y/N) and stuff so thank you all! I've also put on a reference sheet to Ellen since I've come to realise that I don't give her character much of a physical appearance throughout the story so I hope you like! Now to start our new chapter: Ellen.

-flashback-

"There's NO way you're getting me on that thing, Ellen!" I shouted, watching the ride spin around with screams from the people on them. She looks at me and snickers at my horrified expression. "Try it once and you can live to tell the tale, (Y/N)!!" She energetically says to me, using her shoulder to move me forward. I was too scared to even look away from the ride. I would never get on a Booster ride, even if I wanted to!  She chuckles as we both make it up to the front of the line after an hour or so. We wait for the ride to stop while the staff tag us to go on. I stand there in fear until Ellen turns to see me more afraid that we're up-close now. She swallows her smile and grabs my hand. "Just breathe, (Y/N), I wouldn't let anything hurt you, I promised you that..." she says into my ear, the cross behind us being too loud to hear her talk normally. I gulp and get tagged off as we both walk up to the seats. The previous people on the ride are walking off, screaming and giggling in excitement about how 'cool' and 'scary' it was.

I get into the seat first and she makes sure that I'm in properly (to make me less anxious) and then seats herself next to me, pulling the seat over her head and holding my hand. I look around quickly, hoping that they'll let us off the ride, but the staff just come over to double check that our seats are on properly and securely. I quickly regret my decision to get on the ride, and suddenly now want to rip the seat off from my chest and run back to the car. I turn to Ellen, hoping to catch a glimpse of fear on her face, but she's never scared of anything, she never has been... Instead, she's smiling like a little child and swinging her legs. She grabs my hand to comfort me. It helps a little, but not enough to take away all the fear residing in my brain about the endless possibilities of what could go wrong. Suddenly, the ride starts moving us up. I panic and tighten my grip on her hand, hoping that I don't drop. She tightened her grip on my hand too, reminding me that we shouldn't be scared of anything on the ride. And just like that, the ride ascends upwards...

-flashback ends-

"Ellen? Ellen!" I shout, trying to get her out of whatever trance she's in right now. She just sits on the couch, not responding to anything or anyone. The tears stopped as soon as we sat her down, now all she's doing is mumbling words under her breath in another language. "Tiaki... tiaki..." is repeated quietly, like a chant. "Hopefully she's not summoning something..." Mark jokes, trying to lighten the mood a bit. It doesn't help. We both put down the belongings we brought up here with us and Mark goes to grab a glass of water for Ellen. I sit with her quietly, hoping that she responds to my presence. Nothing. This is not like her, she's never done something like this before... I hold her hand and rob motionless circles in her palm with my thumb. "Ellen, please be okay..." I mumble under my breath... I watch her breathe as her eyes stay glued to the wall. Mark comes back and attempts to hand Ellen the drink, only for her to slap it away harshly, as it breaks into shards on the floor. I jump up at the sound and quickly grab the shovel and brush to clean it up. "W-why did she respond to that, but nothing else...?" He questions, grabbing a dirty towel to clean up the water. I shrug and continue to collect the glass on the floor, keeping a distinctive eye on her. We throw the glass away and put the towel in the washing machine, before returning to her side. I notice her eyes getting drowsy and so does Mark. "Are you tired, Ellen?" Mark asks quietly. We're both surprised to see her nod once and close her eyes, slowly dropping her body weight onto the couch and falling asleep almost instantly. We stare at each other with our eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Neither of us says anything as we carry her to her room and lie her down. "I'll stay with her, why don't you head home and I'll call you if something happens Mark," I say to him, as we both stand in her room and watch her sleep. He nods slowly as we both step out of her room and walk over to the front door.