- introduction -

DISCLAIMER:

this book has been highly edited (in 2024) from it's first release in 2019. please note this as a TW (trigger warning) if you look in the comments, as themes that have been removed from the book entirely are still present in the comments sections.

thank you for you understanding <3

———————

Kim Y/N is a 17 year old girl born on September 28th 2000. She has been born and raised in Sydney, Australia and is going to move to Korea to join JYP Entertainment. She has dreamed of becoming an idol since she was a little girl. She loves BTS and Monsta X dearly, and listens to some other artists as well.

Her high school life in Australia has been nothing but terrible. Because she was the only Asian in the school, she was bullied by her classmates. There are times where she believes what they say to her, all because they have made her believe it. A day never went by when she would be called names the moment she stepped into the building or walked the halls. Break and lunch time was never an exception, this is where it would be the worst. The more she heard the words they'd say, the more they felt like the whole truth. One of the only things that kept her motivated to get through school was her dream of becoming an idol.

She never told her parents about the bullying, she was always bright and happy around them because they made her happy. Her parents are always supportive of her, and are so happy that she is now moving to Korea to achieve her dreams. She never wanted to upset them, so she accepted that her life would have to be a lie around her parents, for now at least.

Once she moved to an apartment in Seoul, she joined Hanlim in order to carry on with her education. She truly thought that now she wasn't the only Asian in the school she wouldn't be bullied anymore. However, she was wrong. Once she spoke in English class they began making fun of her for being a foreigner. To Y/N, it felt like there was no escape

She had never had a true friend through her whole life, so she had accepted that she would always be alone. She had been improving her Korean for a while before she moved to Korea, but she still didn't quite understand everything. Because everyone bullied her, no one would help her understand. School was pointless, but she still went so she could try to improve her Korean through listening. Eventually she learned everyone's harsh words, and not as much of any useful Korean.

After a few months of being in Korea and learning in Hanlim, she received mail from JYP. It congratulated her for becoming a trainee and that because her Korean isn't very good, she would be paired with someone called Lee Felix, who is also from Sydney, Australia. She was glad that they could relate but had never heard of him before. She assumed he was a trainee from JYP Entertainment, but learned he has debuted in a group called Stray Kids. She decided not to look into the other members after finding this out.

Let's be honest, Y/N was so desperate to achieve her dream that she auditioned for every company out there. She knew that JYP was one of the biggest companies, along with SM and YG, but didn't look at the artists under JYP. She had no idea that Stray Kids were a debuted group under JYP Entertainment, probably because they had just debuted.

However, JYP strictly has told Lee Felix that he is not allowed to introduce her to any of his group members under any circumstances, unless with JYP's consent. She found this strange, but accepted it.

Then one day whilst completing her assignments from school, she received a knock on her apartment door...