The nightmare.

"So, when we leave in the morning. I need you to promise me that you won't die." Y/N says while we're dancing. She has her arms around my shoulders again and mine are around her waist. "I should probably tell you I can't get infected," I say. "Yeah, but you could still die from people." I think about David. I shake my head a bit, but Y/N doesn't notice. "Oh. I can't get infected either." Y/N says. "How big is that chance? I mean, like one in a thousand." Y/N laughs and looks at me. I blush a little. We are still slowly moving and the lights are perfect. Y/N's eyes sparkle. She leans in and closes her eyes. I do the same and our lips touch. She kisses me. She actually kisses me, and I kiss her back of course. What I'm feeling is real, not some fake thing. Y/N pulls me closer. Our bodies touch. Y/N is cupping my face with her hands and I'm holding her waist. We stop and look at each other. The lights make everything look like a fairytale. They shimmer. We want to kiss again but we hear something falling behind me. we turn around fast and see Casper. His head is completely red but he has a huge grin on his face. "Casper! What are you still doing here?" I yell. Y/N is laughing softly, still holding my face. "Nothing. I'll leave you girls to it, but remember." He says as he taps the side forehead. "Have fun." He winks and runs off. "Casper!" I growl. "I'll get him," I say to a laughing Y/N. "Maybe we should get back. If we have to leave early?" She says. I nod and give her a quick kiss. Y/N takes my hand and together we walk back home.

*time skip*

Y/N and I both jump into our bed, exhausted. I pull the sheets over my head and settle in. After a few minutes of laying on my side, I turn around and face Y/N. She is also facing me. "Hey Y/N? You up?" I ask. She yawns and answers. "Yes." Y/N opens her eyes. "I never said thank you," I can see a vague smile on Y/N's face. "No need to worry. It was a pleasure giving you your gift." I want to say something but I don't. That was not what I meant but I let it go. Y/N looks really tired. "Goodnight," I say again. "Goodnight." Y/N says in return.
I fall asleep fast.

I climb up onto the scaffolds. "reach up! I got you." Riley says to me, but the last scaffolding falls back. Taking me with it. "Give me your hand!" Riley yells, but it's too late. I fall onto the floor. A runner jumps on top of me, trying to bite my face off. I keep it as far away from my face as possible. "Get off! Riley!" I scream. Riley shoots the Runner on top of me and pushes him off. "Quickly, Get up." She says but another Runner tackles her. "Riley!" I scream as I run over to her. I first stab the Runner in it's back and then in its throat. I pull it back and slice it open. Riley kicks it away and stumbles back against the wall. "I think it's clear," I say. "Ellie, Ellie your arm," Riley says, she looks up at me, tears staining her eyes. I look at it. I drop my knife and wipe away the blood. revealing bite marks. "No, no no no no no," I say. Riley shows me hers on her hand.

I sit up straight in my bed. Sweat running over my back and forehead, my breath heavy. Apparently, I made some noise because Y/N is also up in her bed. "Ellie, are you alright?" I look at her, sighing and shake my head. Y/N gets out of bed and sits next to me, putting her arm around my shoulder. "Was it Riley?" She asks. I nod and put my head on her shoulder. I close my eyes, only wanting to feel her arms around me, her heartbeat, her slow breathing. I can't help but fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up, still in Y/N's arms. I look at her. Her mouth is slightly open. I put my arm on her shoulder.
"Y/N, we need to go," I say as she wakes up. "I'll get out in a second." She pulls the sheets back over her body. I get out of bed and walk to the closet and put some new clothes on. While I'm putting on my shoes, Y/N puts her clothes from yesterday on. I grab my backpack and
Y/N puts on her boots. She quickly grabs her backpack and follows me out of the room. I check my bag to see if the new gun is in there and it is. My bow is by the door and my knife is in my holder. "You ready?" Y/N takes my hand and nudges me. "Hell yes."

We walk to the gates and show our permit. "See you in five days," Casper says as we leave the gates. I wave at him.

*Time skip*

We've been walking for three hours now and nothing has happened. "We still going the right direction" I ask as I look around me. "Yep!" I hear some bushes rustle. "Did you hear that?" I whisper.
Y/N shakes her head. "Stay still," I take out the bow and aim it at the place where I heard the sound. Someone steps out if the bushes and I tighten the bow, almost ready to let it go, but I don't. It's Nathan. "What the fuck." Y/N says. "That's Nathan right." I nod but it's hard to see. His entire face is covered in blood. He is shaking and misses a hand. "Nathan? Are you okey?" I ask as I slowly approach him. He's shaking. "Ellie? stop." Y/N says. I turn around. "What? why?." Y/N takes my arm and pulls me back. "He's infected." I look at her. "What? No, not Nathan. He is to smart for that." Nathan is looking at us now. I step back but I snap a stick. Nathan runs straight at us. I try to shoot an arrow at him but Y/N was faster. She puts a bullet straight through his head. "NO!" I scream. I run to him. A lifeless body lays on front of me on the ground. "Nathan?" Y/N runs to me and crouches next to me. "Come here." She says. She hugs me tight not letting me go. tears fall on my cheek. Y/N lifts me up and together we walk away. after a few minutes, Y/N puts me against a tree. My face is red and stained with tears. Y/N crouches in front of me and cups my face. "Ellie, Calm down," she says.
She lifts my face and looks me in my eyes. I look into hers. "We should have buried him," I say. Y/N purses her lips and looks down at the ground. "You want to do that now?" She asks, taking my hand. I nod and stand up.

*Time skip*

Ater, we dug the grave and buried Nathan, Y/N went out to find some flowers while I made a circle of stones and put an old photo of me, Nathan, Catherine and Peter in it. I forgot to take it out of my bag. "Ellie, I found these."
Y/N says. She holds up blue and purple crocuses. "They're beautiful," I say. Y/N gives them to me and I put them under the photo. "Do you want to say anything?" She asks. I stand up and take Y/N's hand. "Nathan, You made a lot of people happy, including Catherine, Peter and me. I loved you and I hope you find peace." Y/N puts her arm around my shoulder and walks me to our bags. "Here." She says as she hands me my bag and my bow. I take them from her and we start walking, into the unknown.