Lesson 12: Don't Accept Rides From Joe, No Matter How Late You'll Be

Start from the beginning

"Okay, stay safe and be a good girl!" My mum replied.

"Say hi to Chloe for me!" I said, then went outside.

I looked at my watch. UGH! I was gonna be late. I only had 8 minutes. I scowled.

Stupid Joe.

"So, I'm guessing you don't need a ride, Amby." The person who I was hoping to avoid said. I turned around and saw Joe standing by his car, smirking. I was beyond shocked.

Wasn't he meant to be sick?! But I just played it cool and pretended not to notice so he wouldn't find out and try to get me back.

"Actually I do. Could you give me a ride, J-man?" I replied smirking. He looked at me with wide eyes, shocked. I quickly brought my phone out of my pocket and took a picture.

Then I laughed like a maniac when I saw the picture.

"Your- ha face! HA HA HA you look so- ha ha- SCARED!" I said between laughs. I think I saw him smile at me then it was quickly replaced with a scowl. Weird.

I started walking towards him, still laughing. He playfully crossed his arms and glared at me.

"I don't think I want to give you a ride anymore." He said stiffly. I pouted.

"Aww, come on J-man. I was only joking." I said.

"You didn't look scared, you looked terrified." I said, and then started laughing again and mentally high fived myself.

Good one, Amber,

"I guess I'll see you in detention then." Joe said, smirking and walking to his car. I look at my watch and panicked. Well, this is just great.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Please give me a ride!" I pleaded, pouting and fluttering my eyelashes, trying to look convincing. For a second there, Joe looked shocked. Then he grinned at me.

"I would ask you to beg on your knees, but I'm not that mean. Hop in." He said. I grinned back at him.

Maybe Joe Smith wasn't so bad. Wait, what?

*******

"I'll walk from here." I told Joe for the tenth time. He still shook his head.

"I told you, we're walking in together." He said. I considered strangling for a moment, and smiled at the idea.

I'm so violent.

"Come ON! I don't want any rumours about us! JUST LET ME GO!!" I whined dramatically. Joe raised an eyebrow at me.

"Have you always been this dramatic?" He asked. I flipped my hair.

"My mum was an actress and my dad was a TV Star. Of course I'm dramatic. It's in my blood." I joked, and he laughed.

"You know, you're not as bad as I thought you were." Joe suddenly said.

"You too. There's a teeny chance that we could actually be friends, of course, when this prank war is over." I reminded him. Then he smirked, which was never a good sign.

"Get out Amby, we're here." Joe told me. I looked at the amount of girls that were starting to crowd around his car.

"I'm quite comfortable here, thanks." I replied, sinking lower in my seat. Deja vu much?

"As much as I'd like to stay in here to, we need to go." He said. I sighed, opened my door and stepped out of the car, and Joe did too.

Keep your head down. Don't look up. Ignore everything and everyone. KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.

As I walked through the school gates I heard lots of question and statements about me and Joe, the I decided to answer them. In my head.

"Are they dating?" Puh- LEASE

"Why did they come to school together?" None of your business.

"I thought Joe was into blonde's not brunettes!" Keep telling yourself that.

"She is so not his type." You can say that again.

"THE NERD AND THE PLAYBOY? LAME MUCH?!" A girl shrieked and I winced. Well, at least I don't sound like a cat being tortured every time I speak.

"I wonder how Maria is gonna react." Oh no.

Maria was practically the 'Queen Bee' of the school. A brunette, pretty and sassy. Everyone adored her. She was also Joe's ex-girlfriend. They'd recently broken up, but she still acted like she owned Joe. In other words, no girl could approach him, or there'd be trouble.

Girl Who 'Approached' Him = Me = Maria Hating Me = A Whole Lot of Trouble,

Oh, and me riding with Joe to school today didn't really help matters. Wanna know why? I saw Alice, looking quite angry, running into the girls bathroom. Here we go again.

Today's Lesson: Don't Accept Rides From Joe, No Matter How Late You'll Be

*******

Hey again!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, VOTE AND COMMENT and the next lesson will be coming soon.

BTW, 6000 reads is great!! Thank you guys SOOOO MUUCH!! :D

P.S The song on the side is Ambers alarm thingy! I HATE IT! 

BYE GUYS!!!!