Chapter 12 ( Nobody like you.)

Daniel.....

I watched as the doctors began taking her blood pressure and soothing pain with pain relieve.  I Was so excited words couldn't even explain. As the doctors left they stopped by me.

"Excuse me are you a family member of hers sir?"

"Yes!"

"Okay Imoni is doing great, besides a few pains here and there, she will be released  tomorrow, all you have to do is fill out papers in order for her release, and we will provide you with her pain relief tomorrow. " I Nodded my head thanking the lady for her help.

I Began filling out paper work and I could feel eyes on me.

"Daniel ! " Imoni soft voice spoke.

"What! Imoni "

"I'm so sorry!  I love you and I'm sorry that I didn't listen to you."

I Nodded my head I couldn't stay mad at her, she was too sweet.

"It's okay!  Imoni, it's over! " I said while finishing up last of the paper work.

"All I wanna do is lay with you right now Imoni, and protect you, can I do that? "

"Yes you can!  " she quickly replied back.

I Took off my shoes and got in beside her.

"Thank you Daniel, for everything, you've been so supportive and helpful to me. "

I Wiped the tears that were coming down Imoni cheek, and kissed her deeply.  We both laughed. I guess it's official!  I smiled at her.

Jaime ....

I watched on the news as they Began searching for the male of female who beat Imoni half to death.  Damn ! Me and Derrick was in deep shit, Every since that night I couldn't believe, we just left her to die;  She was my friend. Now the police is looking pretty hard into this.  I Tried to get out of this lifestyle the other week, but Derrick burned me, pushing me into the stove.

Some days I love him other days I hated him. Some days I just loved the sex. I sat thinking for a whole good minute on how I could get Imoni not to testify against me and Derrick.

He came and sat next to me pulling out a little white baggy. Making a straight line on the table, with the little knife.

"Baby Imoni woke up! "

His eyes grew wide.

"Shit! " he said out loud.

"That bitch!" He spat

"Go to the hospital and visit her;  make sure she don't know Shit or say Shit." He said taking a dollar bill and sniffing the substance up. I Just Nodded my head.