Chapter 10 - K. Round's battle

Start from the beginning

How could they be enjoying bowing? It's like they are playing, not fighting. I don't get it.

As I thought I looked away, with a sad expression. When I looked back, Ralsei was staring at me with a concerned look. I ignored her by attacking K. Round again. She was about to say something but stopped before even beginning. Kris noticed but kept holding his sword without motion. 

I can't explain it but I feel... weird. Almost like... 
...Nevermind.

Kris didn't mind doing anything about it. He seemed to be lost on his mind. He was attacked twice because of it and knelt down with the pain. Taking the risk, he tried to bow. Ralsei, on the other hand, healed Kris to stop him from fainting in battle. After K. Round attacked us one last time, they both bowed before I could attack and K. Round and its crown fell from its head. K. Round became tiny again and left. Kris found 24 dollars on the ground.

*End of Checker Dance*

"We... We did it!?" I said, relieved.

"Wow! You clowns really ARE heroes!! You saved the next twenty minutes of my life!!" Lancer said happily.

"Yeah, yeah, I am pretty great, huh...?" I said boasting of my skills.

"Ummm, Susie...? Not to downplay your contributions, but... You... didn't actually help at all. You only made everything WORSE by attacking it. If you had just acted nice to it in the first place... We could have avoided that entire battle." Kris' 'friend' told me. 

"Huh? Are you FOR REAL?" I asked her. How could she say that? "That thing was BLOODTHIRSTY!!! The only thing keeping it at bay was MY AX!" I said frustrated.

"And, earlier, you terrorized those troops..." Ralsei continued.

"Those guys were ENEMIES. They're FOR terrorizing."

"Yeah! She's right!" Lancer supported me.

"And before that, you ate an innocent person's cake..." Ralsei tried to convince me. I looked at a tree remembering it.

"Cakes... are also my enemy."

"..." Ralsei looked at me with semi-closed eyes. "Susie... Whether you like it or not... You're a hero. One with the power to bring peace to the future. Could you please start... acting like one?" Ralsei asked with sad eyes.

"Yeah, when you lay it out like that... I've been a pretty bad hero, haven't I?" I looked down, thinking. "Alright, Ralsei. You got it. I'll change my ways. From now on, I won't be such a rotten hero anymore." I ran to Lancer. "I'll just be one of the BAD GUYS instead!"

"R... Really!? You're going to be on MY team?" Lancer was exploding of excitement. Ralsei widened in shock with my change.

"Yeah, sounds way easier, honestly."

"Susie, you can't just-" Ralsei tried to tell me something.

"Quiet, Toothpaste Girl! Susie is MY comrade now!" Lancer said loudly keeping her from speaking.

"Hahaha, yeah, Toothpaste Girl!"

"We're going to have monogrammed track jackets!"

"Yeah!"

"And sleepovers! Where we tell each other secrets!"

"Ummm, yeah? Anyway, uhh, see you guys never. Haha!! If you can even last that long!" I said and left. 

This is where things are going to get fun!

Kris' POV 

"Kris... Perhaps I shouldn't have been so hard on her. But, I just worry that if Susie is too eager to fight... Then... Well, let's just be kind to her, Ok, Kris? I'm sure Susie'll come around soon!" I nodded and we walked to where Susie and Lancer ran. 

Guess now it's just the two of us again.

I and Ralsei came across the blue puzzle piece of the tutorials and he explained to us that this door had the poor to teleport from places that you already passed by.

*The blocky foliage grows thick above your head..
*The power of the forest shines within you.

This place is different from the Checkerboard but similar to the Field of Hopes and Dreams. I had a flashback of the dance I and Ralsei danced but quickly shook my head focusing on my quest. This forest was much denser than the first one.

I started walking in the pink path and from a bush, an enemy tried to grab me and succeed. I jumped back, trying to avoiding but wasn't fast enough. The enemies body reminded me clouds so I tried blowing to see if it would work and instructed Ralsei to spare. For my surprise, it worked and Ralsei spared it before it had a chance to attack. With it defeated, we continued walking until Susie and Lancer came to view. They were talking ahead so I ran to them.

"Susie...! Lancer...!" Ralsei called them from behind me.

"Heheheh..." 

"Well if it isn't the so-called Heroes...!" Lancer spoke.

"Are you finally ready to see what happens..."

"When you try to act soft..."

"Against a team that crushes ANYONE in their way?" They said completing each other's sentences.

"Dark Jack Lancer!" Lancer called himself after Susie stepped the ground making a sound to call our attention.

"Violent Ax Susie! Together we are..." 

"The DARK Fun Gang!" Lancer said putting his arm in the hair in a pose and Susie grabbed her ax that was on fire.

"Um... So what's your, um, evil plan?" Ralsei clapped her hands at the introduction and asked trying to learn about this new duo.

"Huh?" Susie wasn't expecting the reaction and Lancer looked down. "We JUST formed our team. We haven't done anything past our intro yet."

"Have a little patience, please..."

"Oh, um, sorry... We're, um, looking forward to the rest!" She apologized.

"Heh, well, you won't have to look forward for long."

"Starting now... We're going to work CEASELESSLY..." Lancer said enthusiastically.

"Unstoppably..."

"To make an evil plan to THRASH you clowns."

"Watch your backs."

"And your fronts!" They both ran off again.

Oh boy. This is going to hurt me in the future, isn't it?

Words: 1552

A/N: SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENED!!! THIS STORY IS NUMBER 2 IN DELTARUNE!!!! IN 1000 STORIES!!!
AMAZING!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S SO HIGH! ^^