Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Newt found himself walking. He was more nervous than ever. He reached the end of the hall as he watched his sweaty nervous hand grip tight onto a little velvet box. He knocked on the wooden door, and it only took a couple of seconds to open. He quickly put the box in his pocket.

Everything was a blur, he could hear distinct voices from afar now, but the silence surrounding him was somewhat intimidating.

"Hi", he heard the smiling girl sweetly greet in front of him. But, it felt so strange, her voice was weird and it felt as she were so far away. Too far away from him.

Newt closed his eyes and now he was in a white cube-like room. He could now see the girl from before sitting in a corner with her hands on her face. He could hear her muffled crying. 

He approached her quickly a worried look lasted on his face. She lifted her head up. "I love you, Newt." She said in between sobs. "I love you too much to let you go." She said just above a whisper and in between sniffles. But Newt didn't say anything. He didn't know what to do. Just then, blood started to drip from her nose.

Newt woke up.

It was a dream... what the hell.

"Morning," Amelia said low as she walked towards the bed, looking at him strangely.

"Hi." He answered with a morning voice. Amelia sat next to him and sweetly half-smiled.

Amelia is the girl in my dream. Holy shit. This is just too weird. 

"Are you okay?" Amelia asked putting a hand on his shoulder. "You look awful." She finished, with a concerned look.

"I'll take that as a compliment." He said sarcastically before brushing her hand off. He didn't mean to be rude, he was just in shock and so confused.

"What time is it?" He asked kind of cold.

"It's about five in the morning," Amelia answered, biting the inside of her cheek. She was confused and pretty offended. "I think..."

"I'm bloody starving! Want to get something to eat?" He asked trying to smile, failing of course.

"Sure." She said unsure, without the smile he was hoping for. They walked out of the room quietly. "Someone's bipolar", she whispered to herself, but he had heard clearly.

Should I tell her about the dream? He asked himself. I should to tell her.

"Can I tell you something?" He said as he put his palms together, trying to brush off how nervous he was. He doubted if he should, though. I'll look like a complete idiot.

"Of course." She said nodding.

"I had this dream last night and yo-"

"Morning shanks!" Said Minho interrupting Newt.

"Hey Minho," Newt said as he walked towards him. For his surprise, Newt was actually grateful that Minho interrupted him

"Where did you disappeared to last night?" Minho asked cold. "Don't tell me you where with the new girl."

"I'm right here." Amelia said sarcastically waving a hand to compliment what she had just said; Minho completely ignored her.

"First of all, her name is Amelia. Second of all, yes, I was with her." Newt said, not sounding too rude.

"You don't have to snap at me, I was just asking." Minho answered. "There's an emergency meeting of the Keepers." And Minho gave him a look and Newt understood.