Chapter 13: You're Not A Monster

Start from the beginning

He still seemed a bit shaken up by my outburst earlier.

(Y/n): that was fast. Hey Oak, why don't you take a break. I'm going on that quest with Erza.

Oak: um, ok.

(Y/n): good, I'll see you later.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) getting motion sick on the train...again

After me and Erza got off the train, we began to make our way to what used to be the town of Freewater. When we arrived, I felt my heart beat increase in speed.

Erza: how are you feeling?

(Y/n): I-I'm good. What'd you say we were here for again?

Erza: people have been reporting strange noises coming from here. They did specify what kind of noises though.

Then, as if on cue, we heard the most ear piercing sound known to man.

???: *Screech*

(Y/n): what the hell was that?!

Erza: I don't know, keep your guard up.

There was nothing but silence, until I noticed something at the edge of the crater, a hand. It wasn't an ordinary hand though, it was about the size of my chest and the skin was extremely pale. It's finger were like claws and coated in blood.

Another hand of similar size, came out of the crater and was place next to the other one.

(Y/n): uh, Erza.

Erza: what?

I pointed to the set of hands and her eyes followed. Just then, something lifted itself out of the crater and set it's feet down right at the edge. What I saw was able to make even the strongest of men shiver.

We both stood completely still as it's head slowly turned to us

We both stood completely still as it's head slowly turned to us. It's eyes stared right into my soul. It let out another loud screech and started to charge at us. I quickly ducked as it swung at me. I grabbed my sword off my back and slashed it in the chest, making a huge gash. It didn't seem to be in any noticable pain. It retaliated by backhanding in to the crater

I tumbled down until I came to a stop at the very bottom. I was pretty scratched up, I could hear Erza still up there, struggling to take that thing down.

Erza: *yelling* (y/n), you need to get back up here and help me!

(Y/n): *yelling* I'm on my way!

I was about the fly back up there, when I heard something crunch under my feet. I looked down and what I saw disturbed me. Bones. Dozens and dozens of bones rested at my feet.

Erza: *yelling* (y/n), what taking so long?!

I snapped out of my trance and flew back up to the edge. I saw the creature pinning Erza to the ground with 1 hand and preparing another strike with the other. I flew over as fast as I could, and just as that thing lowered it's hand, I cut it's arm clean off. It let out a shriek of pain as it let go of Erza.

(Y/n): looks like that hurt ya, huh?

The creature screamed at me before swinging at me again.

(Y/n): you're gonna have to try harder than that.

I dodged it's attack, and with 1 well place slice, I cleaved it's body in 2. The top half fell 3 feet away from me and it was over. Erza walked up to me.

Erza: nice job, that thing was a bigger challenge than I thought.

I then remembered what was a the bottom of the crater.

(Y/n): Erza, I need to show you something.

I led her to the edge of the crater and pointed to the center. She noticed what I was talking about immediately.

(Y/n): what do you think it was doing here?

Erza: if I had to guess, I'd say it was using the crater you created as a sanctuary and it ate anything unlucky enough to stumble it's way over here.

(Y/n): yeah, that sounds about right.

We then heard growling coming from behind us. We turned and saw that creatures head still moving.

(Y/n): oh, you've got to be kidding me. You wanna finish him off?

Erza: thank you.

Erza walked up to it, raised her sword and chopped that things head off.

Erza: now this is what a real monster looks like, so do you still see yourself as a monster for doing that?

She gestured to the massive crater behind me. I didn't even hesitate with my answer.

(Y/n): na, that thing is more of a monster then I'll ever be.

Erza: good, I'm glad I could help. Anyway we should probably get back home.

(Y/n): yeah, I'm starving.