The city of many faces

The city that never sleeps a place where things can be given and just as easily taken away from you. Where snakes lurk in the shadows and strike when the time is right and leave you beaten.  battered.  bloody, and bruised to the point of no return. As i walk i see the streets lined with innocent bodies and the air tainted and reeking of blood and gun smoke I think back to a time where the sky wasn't so grey and the grass wasn't so black. Time and time again I try to save the ones that mean the most to me but I miss moments time and time again. "The city of many faces" that's what my ma called it she said if you ever showed fear to anyone in this city they would eat you "alive." She was right... Hey, my name is well I guess it doesn't matter, to be honest right now my story is what I want to share on tonight on this night moonlit night with the air filled to the brim with smoke and blood.  See now I'm just a guy trying to find my way up the criminal empire was I smart for doing this no, was I determined "well" I guess you could say that. What can I say living in the 1920s ain't where most smart folks usually hang out. Never the less I'm gonna make my way up I am smarter than I look plus I have no choice despite me getting into the criminal organization see I wasn't worth nothing worth a damn for anyone or anything except this girl this dollface "oh boy"! when I tell you she was like nothing I have ever seen or witnessed before in my life lits like she was heaven sent just for me ya see and we would walk the streets acting like we own the city and we said one day this will be ours ya see I called her my rose that means you are perfect in every way to me and i can't help but just admire a rose for its classy appearance.   We would always together always talk and laugh and dick around with each other be there for one another and for the most part I could say that i... I loved her honestly I look back on it now and see if it was true and it was, granted I was only sixteen at the time and you know when your sixteen and you find your first love its like a drug that you will never get enough of a high that you can never come down from. It was just amazing until she had to go back home to Georgia because she was just visiting for the summer and I knew this was inevitable. But I refused I wasn't gonna let all this stop me from being happy !! That was something that wasn't gonna happen I know I told lies big ones small ones etc the list goes on I'm not perfect nor will I ever will be but I deserve to be happy and have someone to call my own ya know. But what boiled my blood inside was that she was perfect to her flawless brown skin to her deep brown eyes to her lovely voice and down to her innocent beautiful smile. Her body so soft and smooth and every curve was just like heaven for my hands the sweet embrace of our lips touching one another and down to "different" areas.  I loved my rose and my rose loved me then she moved I was sad before she left I took her on her first date she cried in my arms and well the rest of that was history. We tried to make it work after the summer had passed we didn't even get as far as a few months until we had to break it off she was going through stuff and so was i  we couldn't help each other from such a long distance  ya know the funny part is I didn't really feel the whiplash until a few months later. I felt alone lost and when she told me about the guy she had been seeing lately and I was here alone and sad and helpless and trying to forget, now I was pissed off my skin crawled at the fact that another man put his hands on her but I had to accept the fact that she ain't mine no more and I had to accept but then she told me she lost her golden v ticket if you catch my drift I lost all self-control since we were texting i said it ok or I didn't care but underneath I was boiling with rage and anger and sadness. I wanted to break things hurt something, someone !! I just had to do something so I went out and did crimes first it was the little stuff like stealing from a gas station easy but then things took a turn for the worst.