Chapter 17:Potentially Dying

Start from the beginning

"Yes. Special."

In one smooth movement, he flipped her over so she was on her back, looking up at him. He trapped her arms on either side of her head and grinned down at her triumphantly.

"I'm quite liking this habit of you wearing my shirts." Klaus dipped his head down and began kissing his way down her throat, to her collarbone, between her breasts, and began unbuttoning the shirt with his teeth. Audrea thought she'd died right there and then. But then again, he might just have been ripping the buttons out if she was to hazard a guess of where the tearing sounds were coming from, not that she could have checked, for he was being far too distracting with his mouth. "It makes you far more...accessible."

His words went straight to her groin.

Her back arched and she gasped, squeezing her thighs against his sides to get some sort of relief.

She struggled free of Klaus's grasp and her hands immediately flew to grip his hair, pulling him up violently to collide her lips with his.

His tongue traced against her bottom lip and she easily allowed him in. It was a heated battle, her tongue fighting for dominance but soon losing as Klaus growled against her and surged upwards, his hips jolting against hers. Audrea threw her head back then, crying out in need when she felt his hard length pressing aainst her.

She flung a leg over his waist, digging her heel into his lower back to coerce him closer than he was already. His fingertips were scorching her skin as they roamed underneath her shirt, travelling across her hips and dipping into the lace underwear she wore. She reached down to unzip his jeans, slipping a hand into them to grip him.

"Nik!"

Rebekah burst into the room and Klaus's eyes filled with disbelief at his sister's audacity. They soon closed as he groaned, forehead dropping to meet Audrea's.

He whipped his head around to snap, "Bloody hell, Rebekah, I'm in the middle of something!"

"I can see that, but this is important. Good morning Rea, you're looking especially radiant under my brother today," Rebekah pointed at Klaus and continued, "Get off Rea, you depraved dog, and get dressed."

"I would like to get her off, but I can't very well do that with you hovering there, can I?"

Rebekah scowled. "Don't be such a degenerate, Nik, you knew what I bloody well meant."

A dark look filled Klaus's eyes and he growled in exasperation.

Audrea giggled at his disappointment-not that she felt any differently-but pulled her hand away from him and poked her head out from where she was being shielded by Klaus's body so she could see Rebekah more clearly. "Morning, Bekah."

"What's the fuss?"

Kol sauntered into the room, followed closely by Elijah. At the sight of Klaus's brothers, Audrea quickly pulled what was left of Klaus's shirt-she'd been right, he had just been ripping it open-together. "Why've you gathered us here, Rebekah? Christ, put on some clothes Nik, nobody wants to see you looking like a fucking prostitute."

Audrea's mouth dropped open and she let out a stunned laugh. Truly, Kol could be quite the character.

Klaus's lip curled in distaste but he zipped his jeans up and slipped on a T-shirt anyway, getting out bed and hunting around for another shirt of his to give Audrea. She took the one he handed her but didn't move to get out of bed, instead choosing drag the sheets over her so she was mostly covered, and pulled up her knees so she could prop her chin on them.

Elijah shook his head in disapproval at Kol's crass words and turned to Rebekah. "Rebekah, why have you called us here?"

Rebekah stretched out her arm and wiggled something in front of her. She looked serious.

Audrea squinted at the phone her sister-in-law was holding out. "The doppelgänger bitch? What about her?"

"Not her." Rebekah stabbed a finger at the screen. "Look behind her. On the wall."

Audrea took the phone and stared at it, eyes narrowed. Klaus sat down beside her to look at it as well. "What is it?"

Rebekah replied, "A native worshipping at the great white oak tree."

Kol and Elijah's heads snapped towards Rebekah's direction. Elijah said slowly, as if his sister had forgotten, "We burnt the tree to the ground."

"Look at the markings that precede it. The native calendar."

Audrea's face paled as she slowly realized what Rebekah was getting at. She flicked the pads of her index finger and thumb at the screen, enlarging the screenshot of Rebekah's video. "The date...that's not possible."

"Three hundred years after we fled back to the old world. There must have been a sapling, a new tree to replace the old."

Rebekah shifted so she could look at each of her siblings. "There's white oak out there. And it could kill us."

The room was dead silent. Only Kol was moving, his head tilting backwards as he threw his hands up.

"Can't we go one bloody day without potentially dying?"