Chapter 8: Caroline Forbes

"CUS' EVERYBODY MAKES IT TILL THEY DONT"

Mikaelson Mansion

Audrea lifted the outfit and stared at it skeptically. "Bekah, what on earth are the girls wearing these days? These are simply just...just so..."

"Yes, I know." Rebekah sighed, twisting around in the mirror to admire herself from the side. "But that's the twenty-first century for you. We suffered through all those stifling dresses and corsets and now we don't have to wear anything at all. Beautiful, isn't it?"

Rebekah nodded to the dress Audrea was holding. "Nik is going to love that on you."

Audrea frowned and slumped down into the armchair. "Women these days...it's like they just parade their bodies around for all to see. Should I be worried about Nik, Bekah?"

Despite his assurances the previous night, having spent the morning getting caught up with modern culture with Rebekah as her mentor, Audrea was beginning to feel disillusioned. So much had happened and the twenty-first century was nothing like the early 1800s. The clothing, speech, art, it had all changed so much.

Rebekah finally turned away from the mirror and walked over to her sister-in-law, kneeling down and placing a comforting hand on Audrea's arm.

"You have nothing to worry about, sister. Nik would have to be completely mad to go for any other woman. You are the only woman in his eyes. I hate to agree with him, but it's true that he hasn't touched a single woman since you've been daggered. You are gorgeous, sexy, and you have a personality unlike any other. You know how Nik loves it when you get mad at him."

Audrea folded her arms, frowning even more. "He needs to take me seriously when I am cross with him. It is not a moment for him to get...what was that stupid term?"

"'Turned on'." Rebekah offered helpfully. Her expression shifted into a mischievous one, the corners of her lips turning up into a smirk. "Although, sister...there is one thing..."

"What?" Audrea turned to face Rebekah.

"There's this girl...her name is Caroline Forbes. She is a vampire, well she was turned quite recently." Rebekah said. "And Nik seems to be...infatuated with her. The girl has been leading him on, in my opinion. She likes another guy, a hybrid Nik created. She quite likes Nik's attention, though ." Rebekah, sensing that a dangerous fury was rising up in her sister-in-law, quickly tried to ease her worries. "His infatuation is quite a shallow one, really, I assure you. He would never leave you for her. Not in a million years. No one could compare to you."