Chapter 11:Little thing

"IM JEALOUS IM OVERZEALOUS WHEN IM DOWN I GET REAL DOWN,  WHEN IM HIGH I DON'T COME DOWN"

"IM JEALOUS IM OVERZEALOUS WHEN IM DOWN I GET REAL DOWN, WHEN IM HIGH I DON'T COME DOWN"

"Hmmm." Audrea mused, bringing a glass of champagne to her lips as she gazed over the crowd at the blonde who stood among all the other guests, frozen, looking back at her.

Klaus tilted his head to follow her gaze. Upon seeing Caroline, he chuckled lowly. "Really, love, you don't have to intimidate her so."

Audrea's eyes narrowed as she glanced back up at him. "Worried about her, are you?"

"Of course not. Are you jealous, love?" Klaus leaned down to press a reassuring kiss against her temple.

"Yes." Audrea stated simply. "I've been away for two hundred years and in that time, I have no idea how many women you've been with. Forgive me if I'm just a tad bit worried about this girl, who clearly, according to Rebekah, you fancied."

"Rebekah likes to make everything a hundred times more dramatic than they truly are. You shouldn't take her word for anything." Klaus muttered darkly, before clearing his throat and clarifying, "For the last time, I haven't slept with a single woman since I...daggered you. Passing fancies, I assure you. No one could compare to you."

He grimaced slightly; he had been hoping to avoid mentioning the whole daggering bit ever again. Two broken jaws and several absurdly hefty credit card bills later-the only thing he regretted about having his wife out of her coffin was her reunion with Rebekah-Klaus was quite sure he never wanted to get on Audrea's bad side ever again. The resentment she still held for him daggering her was clear in the way she had mercilessly tortured him earlier in the day by trying on the lingerie she'd bought in front of him-'looking, no touching' she had reminded him. Klaus hadn't been able to touch her for a whole day, and though he'd spent the past two centuries without her, getting to taste and touch her the night before had rapidly reminded him of the hopeless addiction he had for his wife. Klaus was at the end of his rope and thought he might go quite mad if she continued her aloof behavior towards him.

"Rebekah is the most sensible of you all, apart from perhaps Elijah." Audrea pursed her lips. "Although that whole Tatia fiasco did have me questioning his sanity."

"Rea, my darling, truly you must give me a dance." Kol stepped up next to them, eyeing the guests critically. "This bunch seem altogether too boring."

"Find your own girl." Klaus glowered, his arm wrapping around Audrea's hip, clearly annoyed by the interruption.

"I had one." Kol sniffed. "But the way she was babbling on and on-no doubt she was too entranced by my good looks to speak properly-really just made me want to snap her neck, but Elijah would murder me if I did, so here I am, off to steal your wife, Nik."