Christmas

Rebecca's pov

It was almost Christmas and o was sitting in the great hall with Ron and Harry watching them play chess, Ron had asked me to play with him first but I wasn't in the mood. We had just received a letter from mum and dad to say that we couldn't come home for Christmas because they were going to Romania with Ginny to visit Charlie and I was really disappointed. I was really looking forward to going home again and seeing Ginny and spending time with everyone and now that plan had been ruined. I genuinely cried when I read the letter and the boys spent hours trying to cheer me up, they eventually got me to stop crying when Percy floated George up to the ceiling for annoying him. After I stopped crying I was just disappointed and didn't really feel like doing anything so Ron had dragged me with him to sit in the great hall with him and play chess but I refused which is why I'm watching him and Harry play instead.

"Knight to E5." Harry ordered.

"Queen to E5." Ron ordered with a smirk as his queen smashed Harry's knight with her chair.

"That's totally barbaric." Hermione said as she arrived at our table.

"That's wizards chess." Ron replied. "I see you've packed."

"I see you two haven't." Hermione said.

"It's a touchy subject." Ron said motioning over to me and my red puffy eyes. "There's been a change of plans, our parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie, he's studying dragons there."

"I'm sorry 'Becca but means you can help Harry, he's going to go look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." Hermione said.

"Who's Nicholas Flamel again? I've helped you look him up but I don't know why" I asked quietly.

"Now you're speaking, he knows something about what fluffy, the three headed dog is guarding. We found out from Hagrid after the Gryffindor game while you were writing a letter to Ginny about the game." Ron explained as I nodded slightly. "But we've looked a hundred times."

"Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas." Hermione said before walking off.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her." Ron said.

Time skip

It was Christmas day and I had gotten over the whole not going home for Christmas thing. I had slept in the common room with Ron last night because we're not allowed into each other's dorms and it was a tradition that we all slept in the same room on Christmas eve to stay up listing for Santa and despite not being little kids anymore we still slept in the same room on Christmas eve. I woke up early and woke up Ron before we looked at the stuff under the tree. We decided to open our stuff and then wake up Harry.

I opened the gift from mum first, a lilac knitted jumper with a bright pink 'R' sewed into it and a letter wishing me a merry Christmas from her and Dad. The next thing I opened was a handmade friendship bracelet from Ginny with another letter from her, Dad had sent each of us a box of Bertie botts every flavour beans and a chocolate frog. Our older brother Bill had sent me a camera and an empty photo album with a letter and a note saying 'start capturing memories' and Charlie had sent me a small Dragon figurine that was of course enchanted to breath fire along with a letter. I pulled on the jumper and tied on the bracelet before turning to Ron.

"Do you wanna shout Harry now?" I asked.

"Sure, HARRY WAKE UP! COME ON HARRY WAKE UP!" Ron called out.

Harry then came running over on to the balcony that looked out over the common room.

"Happy Christmas Harry." Ron and I said.

"Happy Christmas Ron, Happy Christmas 'Becca. What are you two wearing?" Harry asked.

"Oh, our mum made them." Ron said.

"It looks like you've got one too." I added.

"I've got presents?" Harry asked.

"Yeah." Ron replied.

Harry came running down to join us by the tree.

"There they are." I said pointing at the parcels still under the tree.

We both watched eating the beans our father gave us as he opened his gifts.

"Your father left this in my possession before he died, it is time it is returned to you, use it well." Harry read.

He then unwrapped the package it was attached to and pulled out a cloak.

"What is it?" Ron asked.

"Some kind of cloak." Harry replied.

"Well let's see then." Ron said.

"Put it on." I said.

Harry put it on and we were amazed to see his body become invisible leaving him as only a floating head.

"Woah." Ron and I said amazed.

"My body's gone!" Harry exclaimed.

"I know what that is!" I said.

"That's an invisibility cloak!" Ron said.

"I'm invisible?" Harry questioned.

"They're really rare." I said.

"I wonder who gave it to you." Ron said as he walked over and picked up the letter.

"There was no name, it just said use it well." Harry said.

"Either way it's Super cool, you could use it to read up on Flamel in the restricted section without getting caught." I said.

"That's a great idea!" Ron agreed.

"I'll go tonight after dark, with this it'll be easy." Harry said

Time skip

It was midnight and we were all standing in the common room in our pjs.

"Be careful Harry, remember if you get caught don't mention Fluffy or Nicholas Flamel." I said.

"I won't." Harry replied.

"Good luck Harry, wake us up when you get back." Ron said as the portrait opened and Harry put on the cloak, then the portrait shut signifying that he left.

"I'm going to bed, night 'Becca." Ron said.

"I'll sleep down here, if something happens you won't be able to wake me otherwise, good night Ron." I said before Ron left to go upstairs into the boy's common room.

I then curled up on the couch near the fire and slowly drifted into sleep.