cheater

it's a calm saturday afternoon. a line of sunshine crosses your leg as you desperately flip the pages of an old magazine you bought in a vintage store. your eyes focus on an article about queen. you absolutely adore the band. when your best friend joe got a big role in the bohemian rhapsody movie, you almost fainted of happiness. a light knock on your door interrupts your happy thoughts. you run to the door, sliding on your socks. you curiously open the door as you see joe. the joe you were just thinking about. "hey j-" before you could finish your sentence you received a tight hug from him. he let out a cry. you were confused, but supportive. "sit down." you command him. you didn't know what was going on, but you did know it was bad. he takes place on the left side of your couch, still with tears in his eyes. "i'll make you some tea." the man still didn't say a word, he just nodded instead.

after a few minutes of silence, you sit down next to him, passing him his drink. "do you wanna talk about it or-" "she cheated on me."
you looked up in shock. a tear rolled down his face. "she cheated on me with my best fucking friend" you immediately warm him up with a tight hug. "i'm so sorry." your shirt had a few tear stains on it from your crying friend. he closes his eyes as he mumbles something.  "but...why?" joe is a good guy, who definitely doesn't deserve all of this. "why don't you ask her!" he walks to your window, looking outside to it. "it's fucking bullshit." he mumbles. you could feel is pain burn, even his crying wouldn't stop.
"do you wanna stay here?"
"overnight?"
"yes"
"if it doesn't bother you"
"joe it really doesn't"
he walks up to you, with is face down and he gives you another hug. "thank you"
it gave you butterflies.
"drink your tea. you'll feel better. oh and by the way, we're having a movie night."
besides the incident, joe could still smile.

hours pass as the two of you snuggle up in the couch. you can tell that he is happier. while trying to focus on the movie, your eyes can't get off joe. the movie was a romantic comedy about a love hate-relationship apparently. after some daydreaming you look at the screen. you saw a woman breaking up with a man after an affair. you knew joe was holding back tears. you grab the remote with a quick move and you turn the tv off.
"this movie is making it worse, isn't it?"
"uhu"
"try to take a nap"
his teared up eyes close.
you can't help but smile at your sight.
"wait i'm not in love with him, am i?"
you sighed right before closing your eyes.

a long yawn escapes your mouth. it was sunday morning. you forgot joe fell asleep in your arms. he opened his eyes as well when you moved a little. he stares in your eyes for a good three seconds before kissing you. the most unexpected moment, but you still kissed back. "when i was still together with her, i knew from day one there was something. i always moved it aside but now i see what it is...you.
you smile emotionally while holding him more tight.
"i love you, joe. she really didn't deserve you."
"i love you too, y/n."