Chapter 1

When I heard there were openings for the northern side of the army, I was instantly reeled in. My name is Aaron Brown, and I am 19 years old. I was, unfortunately, an only child, well, technically, for now, my brother is gone. not dead though! More on that later. My family has a history of being fearless skillful warriors, and all I do is wish I was part of the fun. but that quote-unquote fun that I speak of wasn't all it turned out to be.

Bye Ma! Aaron said with an excited tone in his voice. Are you sure you want to do this? It's not too late to break from tradition. Ma said with a slightly concerning voice. And you know full well I don't like the southern accents! you can call me mom, or mother, but you ain't calling me ma anymore you got that!? she said with a wave of anger in her voice. aight Ma! I said just trying to make her angry. I swear to god... she mumbled. You're not gonna last a second out there boy! Keep that up and there ain't gonna BE any Aaron the second!

Fully aware, MA! yeah... we didn't have the best mother-son bond in the whole wide world as you can see. My father left last year when the war began, and I haven't seen em since. My big brother Derick Brown left as well, leaving the two of us. Ma and Son together! yay! Now I was finally old enough to carry on the legacy! 

Ma packed me with some clothes and water, and a bit to munch on during the trip north. specifically hardtack and salt dried pork. I was skilled with all types of firearms. I was training for this moment for as long as I can remember knowing what a firearm was. Is it wrong that I was HOPING for a war to fight in? I know that didn't sound right but I just wanted to show them all that I can fight as well, that I can fight like my Brother, my Father, like my entire family tree. And now was my chance.