XIX. YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME

Start from the beginning

The blonde original's glare softened as she noticed the distressed look on the young Lockwood's face, sighing sadly as she stepped back. "Go," she uttered, causing Thea to look at her in confusion, "what?" she questioned as she glanced to her side, making sure the hybrid wasn't around them. "Look Tia, you're the first real friend I've had in a thousand years, and whilst I don't like the fact that you betrayed my brother, I understand why you did it," Rebekah told her honestly, staring at her sadly as she noticed the tears that began to pool in the wolf's eyes.

"He hates me Beks," the dark haired teen sobbed quietly as she ran a hand down her face, the green eyed original looked at her in concern, noticing just how much her brother meant to the young teen. "He'll get over it, you mean too much to him," she said as she hugged her brunette friend close to her in comfort, "now go, save your friends before he realises I've let you leave," Rebekah said as she let go of Thea, pushing her slightly towards the Grill. Thea smiled at the blonde in gratitude, hoping that what she had said about Klaus not hating her was true.

✧✦✧✦✧

Thea ran across town to the Salvatore Boarding House, only to find it completely empty. After throwing one of Damon's bottles of bourbon at the wall in frustration, the wolf recalled the phone call she had with her brother earlier. It was Senior Prank Night, everyone would be at the school. Not wasting another second, the brunette teen hurriedly made her way back in town, heading towards the high school.

As the wolf ran through the double doors of Mystic Falls High, she found her best friend stood in the middle of the corridor causing a small smile of relief to pass over her face as she realised Klaus hadn't found her yet. "Elena!" Thea shouted as she ran down the corridor, stopping in front of the doppelganger who looked at her in confusion, "T? What are you do-" she started only to be cut off by the out of breath wolf. "No time, you need to get out of here now," the dark haired teen insisted as she grabbed a hold of her friends arm, dragging her down the corridor, Elena allowing her to do so after noticing the distressed look on her friends face.

"There's my girls," came the sound of a British accent from behind them, causing the two girls to come to a sudden stop, dread and fear swirling within them. "Klaus," Elena breathed in fear as the hybrid came to a stop in front of them, a sadistic smirk on his face. Thea glared at him, something she had found herself doing a lot, as she held onto Elena tightly, prepared to fight to save her friend. "You're supposed to be dead, what are we going to do about that?" Klaus said as he looked at the doppelganger menacingly, causing the brunette to cower behind her friend in fear.

It was then that Thea took a shot, letting go of Elena's and pushing her down the hall as she propelled herself at Klaus, knocking him down. "Elena, run!" The dark haired teen shouted, knowing she wasn't strong enough to hold the hybrid down. Elena looked at her friend hesitantly, before turning and making her way down the corridor, trying to find some place to hide. Thea looked back down at the hybrid that was still under her, confused as to why he had made no effort to push her off of him. The original simply responded to her confusion with a small chuckle, "you know, I admire your bravery, little wolf," he told her with a sarcastic smile, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Too bad it's not going to save your friends life," he finished murderously as his face hardened, pushing the young wolf back- the force sending her flying into the lockers behind them.

Thea groaned in pain as Klaus stood from the floor, walking in the direction Elena had ran in, not sparing one glace at the crippled young wolf. "You do this, and I will never forgive you, Nik," the young Lockwood warned, distress clear in her voice as she watched him walk away. The hybrid's heart fluttered a little at the nickname, and a very small part of him wanted to forget about Elena and his hybrids, wanting nothing more than to hold the dark haired teen. But then he remembered that he was the immortal hybrid and he didn't do love or weakness, and he especially didn't let those that betrayed him go unscathed. So, letting his ego and pride take control once again, the original laughed humourlessly as he turned to stare at his soulmate, "what makes you think I care?" he asked rhetorically, before carrying on down the hallway.