The Discovery

"It's so sad how he died" she sighed softly placing one of the priests records now into a box. "Alone, in his room..."

"Yes, yes we know a heart attack poor guy. Listen, gather up everything for the sale today. You know what Father Mark said. Everything has to sell today. It's all going on the clearance rack at the church Bazaar."

Kali huffed at the mans rudeness as she lifted Father Franks cross off the wall, she paused with a quiet gasp startled at the unexpected sound of a click as the panel behind the cross shifted open.

"What's this?" She wondered as she pulled the door open, Kali discovered a white marble bust of a beautiful women, it's hair flowed around it's perfectly rounded face. All of her features soft like
that of Venus de Milo, a sculpture she once saw in the Louvre. But, as beautiful as the women appeared a tingling of fear whisper through Kalis mind. "Symbols" Kali muttered as her fingers traced the etchings along the base of the bust. Symbols, she had seen as a child, Symbols that drove her to join the church in the first place. "By God" she cried out as she clutched the cross on her chest. The nightmares were real no longer a figment of her childhood imagination. Her cries caught the attention of James who sauntered over to stand behind her, setting down the box he was carrying towards the door. He looked down at the young nun, before looking up to see what she had found.

"Well! Seems the good Father wasn't a saint after all" his hands raised up to his hips as he leaned in to get a better look at the statue "she is rather pretty though don't you think?" As James chuckled Kali took a better look around the hidden compartment, one of the symbols was smudged and the outer circle that surrounded the bust made of salt was broken. Of course James had no idea the meaning of these things.

Before Kali could stop him James reached over her lifting the bust up and off of it's perch. James grabbed a rag out of his back pocket and rubbed the dust off her face. "Why'd he let her get all dusty I wonder?" "Ah well, never mind that. Let's just put her on the clearance rack with the rest of Fathers stuff. Say it was his mothers' or something."

A sense of dread washed over Kali as James left the room with the bust, she grabbed a rag and some bleach determined to save the Fathers' good name. No one would know of the sins that the Father had committed "Thou, shalt have no other gods before me..." she muttered as she began to clean the inside of the compartment. She washed away the ancient symbols the good priest had painted and etched onto the walls.

No good would come of this discovery, that much Kali was sure of. Though she did not know the ancient and forgotten evil that James and herself had unknowing released upon the world.