~ t w o ~

Mason's P.O.V

The rest of the drive back, (Y/N) was sort of quiet, which made me worry. Did I say something that hurt her?
"Hey, (Y/N)?" I said, and she jumped a bit which made ma chuckle.
"Yeah, Macey?" I love it when she calls me that.. It calms me down. Only when she says that, though, cause when the guys say it, it makes me cringe.
"Are you ok? You've been really quiet the whole time," I asked, and she smiled a bit.
"Yeah. I'm fine, Macey. I'm just thinking about stuff. Don't worry," She said, and messed up my hair a bit, still keeping her eyes on the road. I nodded.
But then I started to wonder what she was thinking about.
"What were you thinking about?"
...
She didn't answer for a bit.
"(Y/N)?"
"Yeah? Oh, sorry, Macey," She said apologetically. I smiled.  "I was thinking about earlier today, if I'm being honest..."
"What about earlier?" I started to worry that I hurt her feelings somehow, or if I embarrassed her.
"When you said we would..." She stopped the car at a red light, and looked at me. "When you said we would be a cute couple," I blushed at her words, remembering what I said.
"O-Oh, yeah. Haha," I said, and fake laughed. When I said that, I actually meant it, but I didn't want her to know I actually liked her, cause I didn't want to ruin our friendship by me being selfish.
"Did you mean it?" She asked, still looking at me. "Yeah..." I blushed, but she blushed more. "Can we not talk about this right now? Maybe when we get home..?"
"Sure, Macey," She smiled, and grabbed my hand.
~Time-skip brought to you by Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood~

When we got home, I rushed to my room and shut the door. I leaned against it and started to have a mental breakdown. I was so scared... I didn't want to lose our friendship if she didn't like me back... It was the one thing I cherished most about us.
I sat on my bed with my head in my hands, freaking out until I heard a knock at my door.
"Mason?" Shit. It's (Y/N). "Can I come in?" I quickly put myself together.
"Y-yeah," When I said that, my voice cracked, so I'm pretty sure she knew I had a breakdown.
"What's wrong, Macey?" She sat by me on my bed, and wrapped her arms around me. I just stayed silent. "Mason. What's wrong?"
"I love you, (Y/N)!" I shouted slightly. She looked surprised. I felt bad for yelling at her. "Sorry, it's just... I...." I sighed. "I don't want to lose our friendship... I've liked you for a while, and I've been too much of a pussy to say anything."
"Mason..." She said and looked at me. Good job, dumbass... You've fucked everything up... I thought.
"I love you, too," (Y/N) smiled. I looked up at her quickly.
"Really?"
"Yes, really," She giggled. I hugged her tightly. I'm so glad I told her.

———————
Yo wassup it's ya girl with a shitty chapter lmao

Umm im sorry i couldn't do a valentines special for this one.... I hope you all had an amazing valentines day, though!

Have an amazing day bb 💞💞💞💞💞