"Then that leads to this one, where the next day, I found out he was asking for his side chick, his new girlfriend, this girl Megan," she sniffled. "She was the prettiest girl in school, and I had always wondered if given the choice, would he take me over her, and I found out he'd searched for her all night at the party since she'd told him she'd be there," she whimpered. "They came fast and furious after that."

"Wait," he stopped her.

He had everything I've ever wanted, he thought. And he threw it away.

She looked at him nervously. "Do you need me to stop? Am I making you upset?"

"Not at all," he said, and he brought her hand up to his and kissed the lines gently, his lips brushing her slightly torn, slightly healed skin.

The scars came, being revealed one by one, as she rolled up sleeves, pulled open zippers, undid buttons, the words coming out jumbled as she rushed through some stories, took her time with others, pausing as the pain became too much. He built a foundation of love upon each scar, kissing each one as they finished the story behind it.

_______
"And this is the last one," she said, slipping out of her shorts. It was a horrible one that pained even him to look at, and he thought he'd seen every kind of scar, between his and hers. "This was when I realized I was falling in love with you."

"That was a bad thing?" he asked, his voice barely audible as he choked out the words.

"The worst," she sighed. "At the time. You know why?" she lifted his chin up and tilted it towards hers. "Because I thought I was going to have to leave you behind."

His eyes met hers and he gently leaned in, his hand guiding her face towards his, and when their lips collided, it was the force of a tsunami breaking on land, the plates under the surface of the planet shifting, the force of a fire burning, lightning striking, rain pounding, wind ripping full houses out of the ground. Kaycee fell back under his weight, murmuring his name as they moved together in unison.

"Am I hurting you?" he panted as she tugged off his shirt. He was more than afraid he would hurt her.

"Not at all," she mumbled, and collided her lips with his as they fell back into the bed, her legs intertwining around his waist and her hands in his hair.

"Kaycee," he groaned as she begged for him, her lips slightly parted in a whimper, a plea. "Do you want to do this?"

"Please," she whispered. He came down on her hard and fast, the wave hitting them both as she screamed his name and he left his own mark on her, claiming that he was the one to put her back together, no longer the last person who had touched her. He was erasing the terrible boy's touches, and leaving his own.

The difference was, that his were made from love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaycee

___

Later as they lay, her in his spare shirt he'd brought since he knew she missed him extra at night, he kissed all of her scars, dragging his lips across them gently, blessing the artwork that made up his canvas. "I love you," he told her.

"I love you too," she said, her hair fanned across the pillow, eyes half-closed in sleep.

"Are you ok? Are you hurting?" Even from her subconscious, she rolled her eyes.

"When are you going to stop asking me that?"

"Just checking," he grinned against her bare skin. "You know I'd never want to be the cause of one of those."

"You won't be," she promised him. "I don't think you ever could."

She hadn't told him, but she'd truly felt something earlier. Like his name had been engraved on her heart.

Whether it was a tattoo or a scar, that was his choice.
AN: hi guys. so i put a lot of love into this one and i'm excited to share it, because i was freaking out bc i was afraid i didn't know where to go from here. but for every painful part of a story, there's a beautiful part as well, about opening up to someone and finally being at that point in your relationship, whatever that relationship may be, whether it's parent-child, sibling-sibling, a friendship, or a relationship, that you can truly expose yourself to them in the most beautiful of ways and you trust them with it.

i am currently experiencing that with someone and HE JUST ASKED ME TO PROM AH :))) he is the first person i've really clicked with since my terrible toxic relationship, and it feels so good. like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, a small hole in my heart is beginning to be filled. we can only fight so many battles alone, my loves. sometimes it does take an army, not just one soldier. so with love in my heart, i write this to you: there is someone out there who will listen to you and love your scars. to that special person, they will make you beautiful. they will be brush strokes that create a masterpiece because you, my soldiers, are all masterpieces. you are the most inspiring people i have ever met, whether you have shared your story with me, voiced your support and love through comments, or privately said hey, this is me too.

own who you are. love it. those journeys have made you stronger and you are on your way to a whole new version of you, and you are your own special self and someone out there is waiting to give you their love. let them into your hearts. this is healing.

also ps: all this hate on kaycee has me STEAMING.

love forever,
kally jean:)
~feedback always appreciated too~