Ch. 4 Our Slumber Party

After we got to my place, we were greeted by Mama who made us put our candy in the pantry before getting settled in for the night.  Mr. Geppeto was nice enough to bring over Pinoke's night gear while we were out and, the nice thing was, none of them seemed to know that we had been pranking, or that we got completely scared by something fake (we knew it was fake, but it was still scary).  After we got our costumes off, we started settling in for the night.  Then, when it came time to exchange ghost stories, Benny came in also set for bed (trust me, he makes for a cute superhero) and asked if he could listen too.  Pinoke and I exchanged worried glances, "Are you sure buddy? Ghost stories are really scary."  Benny gave us the same look I could relate to, "I'm Super Benny, I'm not scared of anything." And I thought the Great Captain Lampwick and Pinocchio the Terror of the Seas was not scared of anything, "Okay," Pinoke told him, "But, feel free to leave if it gets too scary."

I got to go first, and when I finished with, "So, watch out the next time you stay outside at night to long.  The evil vampire girl might just turn you into one!"  Pinoke was enjoying getting scared, but Benny was looking like he was gonna die.  Finally, I told him, "Benny, why don't you just go to bed.  You really look like your scared."  Benny didn't argue as we escorted him to bed, we told him a more kinder story and put his set of lullabies on the radio to help rid of his scared feelings and soon he was asleep (I'm a big brother, I know this kinda stuff).  After Pinoke told a story, we settled in.

But, our slumber party was yet to be ruined!