Ch. 1 It's Halloween!

Halloween! It's my favorite day of the year! The only day I get to dress up, walk up anywhere, and get free sweets without getting in trouble!  But that's not all; haunted houses, costumes, ghost stories, what have you! I love it all!

So, this year, Pinoke and I wanted it to be extra special, so we worked on our costumes a month beforehand and,  most importantly, we got to plan out the pranks we were going to do this year and also make sure that the usual pranks from the neighb...

So, this year, Pinoke and I wanted it to be extra special, so we worked on our costumes a month beforehand and,  most importantly, we got to plan out the pranks we were going to do this year and also make sure that the usual pranks from the neighborhood teenagers wouldn't be on us!  

What, you didn't know the teenagers around here are in on Halloween pranks too?  They're in on it knee deep!  They do things like jumping and scaring, making us think we're stepping on bones (that was freaky), getting us kids in on really scary ghost stories and making us think that the monster they told about was local.  They love doing that to us kids.  

This one year when Pinoke and I were 7 and 9, this guy, Matthew, invited us to hear one with his friends and he told us about the ghost of one of their old schoolmate who was said to have died from a vampire attack, and he goes around looking for ...

This one year when Pinoke and I were 7 and 9, this guy, Matthew, invited us to hear one with his friends and he told us about the ghost of one of their old schoolmate who was said to have died from a vampire attack, and he goes around looking for little kids like us and he eats them alive.  After that, Pinoke and I were pretty freaked out, and then we heard something like a twig snapping and we screamed and, there they were laughing their heads off.  This year, we were going to make sure that wouldn't happen again, they're so mean.

We always try to make sure our pranks were fun as well as scary.  The only problem that sometimes came about was the victim getting their feelings hurt.  But, overall it's a pretty silly thing to do on Halloween.  But, I haven't yet gotten to the one prank tney like best of all: that's when they drop ice in our bags so that, when they melt, our bags break and we loose our candy.  We always made sure that that never happened to us, and it never has.

But, this year, the joke was going to be on us.